Motown/UMe has marked the 50th anniversary of Marvin Gaye’s single release for “What’s Going On” — the title track from Rolling Stone’s Greatest Album of All Time — with an all-encompassing digital reissue of the 1971 LP out now on streaming services. “What’s Going On” was released on January 20th, 1971, four months before the LP arrived. Over the past 20 years, the album has been reissued every decade, with early mixes, instrumentals and other rarities culled from the era added to each release. To honor the single’s 50th birthday, Motown/UMe grouped together all that bonus music for the digital release dubbed What’s Going On: Deluxe Edition/50th Anniversary, which contains the original album plus 12 bonus tracks including single versions, demos and more, the “Detroit Mix” of the album and the collection of “Funky Nation” instrumentals from Gaye’s post-What’s Going On recording sessions. “The Detroit Mix” of What’s Going On, Gaye’s original version of the album before canceling it and reworking it in Los Angeles, previously featured on the 30th anniversary reissue of the album in 2001. “Funky Nation: The Detroit Instrumentals,” a series of jams Gaye laid down in the recording sessions after releasing What’s Going On, was included… Read full this story
- Recap: What’s in a Name?
- John Legend's sex life bombshell as he dishes on how he gets Chrissy in the mood
- Clothing brand selling digital-only shirt for $700 as part of ‘contactless fashion’ line
- Who is David Tennant, who’s his wife Georgia and what has the actor been in?
- Christopher Eccleston to reprise Doctor Who role despite swearing he would never go back
- 'I have no interest in just settling': Melanie Sykes shows off her age-defying physique for her 50th birthday photoshoot as she discusses men, motherhood and surgery
- Hiroshima survivor to mark 75th anniversary of atomic bomb attack
- Gay People Are Being Murdered in Chechnya. Why Aren’t We Talking About It?
- Chris Cornell’s Daughter Lily Cornell Silver on What Her Dad Taught Her About Mental Health, New IGTV Series
- Little Birds cast lift lid on gay sex scenes and shooting 1950s porn films in raunchy Sky drama
Marvin Gaye’s ‘What’s Going On’ Gets 50th Anniversary Digital Reissue have 356 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.