Unless he finds a legitimate franchise quarterback, new Broncos general manager George Paton is more likely to get fired in Denver than fulfill a pledge he made Tuesday to the team’s success-starved fans: “I would like to win a Super Bowl here.” After a five-year playoff drought, the Broncos’ No. 1 need is an elite quarterback. Sorry, Drew Lock ain’t it. He’s not bad. But Lock isn’t a worthy heir to John Elway and Peyton Manning. If Lock’s the QB for the 2021 season-opener, Denver will be playing for next year. Again. “The quarterback is the most important position in sports. If you don’t have stability at quarterback, you’re going to have a hard time sustaining winning,” Paton said, when I asked him if Denver must rethink its formula of an elite defense complemented by any QB named Joe, Case or Paxton. “I don’t think the focus should be taken off the defense just because you want a franchise quarterback. I think we all want the franchise quarterback, and the No. 1 goal is trying to draft and develop or acquire (one), any way you can.”I have a dream for the Broncos. Maybe it’s a crazy one. But I’m doubling… Read full this story
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson enjoying more time to throw lately
- NFL Power Rankings 2018: Who's the Favorite for the Super Bowl Heading into Week 1?
- Texas superintendent apologizes for comment on NFL star Deshaun Watson
- Kiszla: Dumped like a dropped pass. John Elway trades receiver Demaryius Thomas to the Broncos’ next opponent.
- Texans' Bill O'Brien doesn't recall telling Broncos' Case Keenum he was a third-stringer
- Kiszla: One of John Elway’s worst personnel decisions was free agent that got away: Wade Phillips
- Former Bronco Marlon Briscoe reflects on days as pioneering quarterback
- Woody Paige: Paxton Lynch isn't alone among Denver Broncos QB draft busts
- NFL Week 5 winners, losers: Browns win behind Baker Mayfield
- Texans assistant Anthony Weaver saw J.J. Watt's stellar season coming
Kiszla: Broncos must relentlessly pursue Deshaun Watson, if George Paton is truly serious about winning Super Bowl in Denver have 327 words, post on www.denverpost.com at January 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.