Hello and welcome to International Insider, I’m Jake Kanter. In the week in which the White House changed hands, here’s what you need to know from the world of global film and television. Want to get in touch? I’m on [email protected], or my DMs are open on Twitter. And sign up here to get this delivered to your inbox every Friday. Netflix By Numbers It was a good week for Netflix, which saw its share price surge to a record high of $593.29 (putting its market cap at $256 billion) on Wednesday following the publication of a very healthy set of fourth-quarter earnings. The streaming giant beat forecasts for subscriber growth and total revenue, adding 8.5 million subscribers to reach a global total of 203.7M. Revenue topped out at $6.6B. In a significant milestone, Netlflix also said it expects to be cash-flow positive from 2021 onward, which in simple terms means it will be less reliant on the debt market to finance its day-to-day operations. Dade Hayes had the details. Related Story International Insider: BBC Studios’ Stuttering CEO Search; BAFTA Voting; Netflix’s UK Reality Show Binge But but but: The headline growth in subs masked something International Insider spotted in the detail of… Read full this story
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What’s Ahead For 2020 – Global Studio Chart
- Inside Disney's Bold $200M Gamble on 'Mulan': "The Stakes Couldn't Be Higher"
- How Microsoft built the world’s most powerful game console
- Netflix, Disney or Amazon: Who Wins the War for Streaming in India?
- The Redoubtable Mr. Newman
- Cain and Abel and Oil
- FMIA—3 A.M. Wakeup Call with Andy Reid: Talking Meatballs, Mahomes and Trying To Rip Out Hearts in Miami
- Every Britney Spears song, ranked
- Denis Villeneuve Defends the Women of ‘Blade Runner 2049’ and Ponders Its Box Office Defeat
- Coronavirus latest: Italy closes schools and universities as death toll surpasses 100
International Insider: Netflix By Numbers; Cannes Question Marks; Epic Games’ Movie Push; Bye-Bye ‘Peaky Blinders’ have 317 words, post on deadline.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.