As an endeavor to support and empower Indian female talent in cinema, Ekta Kapoor, Joint Managing Director & Creative Director, Balaji Telefilms Ltd., Balaji Motion Pictures and Alt Balaji, Guneet Monga, Founder & CEO, Sikhya Entertainment and Tahira Kashyap Khurrana, writer and filmmaker have come together to lay the foundation of Indian Women Rising, a cinema collective. In India, a lot has been discussed about representation of women on screen. While this situation is far from ideal, the focus on women behind the camera has been even more limited. Speaking about the origin of this cinema collective, Guneet Monga shares, “Less than 5% of the total directors in India are female. It’s time we change these stats and double down on each other. I strongly believe that India is a gold mine of talent and with this collective we wish to shine the spotlight on many amazing women that can benefit from our humble support. The intent is to use our collective resources to amplify independent women creators.” Tahira Kashyap Khurrana adds, “There is a limited amount of work represented about women and the scope reduces further when it’s by the women. We, as a cinema collective, are trying to… Read full this story
- Zindagi inShort review: Guneet Monga’s rainbow of short films infuses hope and happiness
- ICICI Bank, ManU join hands to launch new range of cards; Denis Irwin & Quinton Fortune grace the event
- Meet a new generation of rising stars of the Indian diaspora making a mark in diverse fields around the world
- Smartphones Transformed India. Now Indians Are Turning Them Against The Modi Government.
- Thappad: Celebs laud Taapsee Pannu's film; director Anubhav Sinha has a special message for the audience ahead of its release
- 'Thappad' celebrity review: Rajkummar Rao, Divya Dutta to Milap Zaveri, Bollywood hails Taapsee Pannu's film
- When Sobhita Dhulipala lost a role to a good boy
- Mandatory hallmarking: Good intentions, but needs efficient implementation
- The Radical Crusade of Mike Pence
- BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES MARCH 2
Ekta Kapoor, Tahira Kashyap Khurrana And Guneet Monga Join Hands To Launch Indian Women Rising have 324 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at January 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.