Dame Barbara Windsor’s funeral has taken place, with a small number of family and friends in attendance due to coronavirus restrictions.Flowers on her coffin spelt out “Babs”, “The Dame” and “Saucy”, and a topless photo from one of her Carry On movies was included in the order of service.A mock pub sign, with a portrait of Dame Barbara in the style of Queen Victoria and the name “The Queen Peggy” was also carried into the venue.The film and TV actress died on 10 December aged 83 in a London care home, with her husband of 20 years, Scott Mitchell, by her side.She had been suffering from dementia, and publicly revealed her diagnosis back in 2018. Advertisement Celebrity mourners at Golders Green Crematorium in London included Dame Barbara’s on-screen son in EastEnders, Ross Kemp, comedians David Walliams and Matt Lucas and panto star Christopher Biggins. Today at 2pm We say our last good bye to Dame Barbara Windsor. So say a little prayer at 2pm people pls x pic.twitter.com/rOenVvWUpZ— Danniella Westbrook (@westbrookdanni) January 8, 2021 With the country currently in lockdown, just 30 people were able to attend the service due to COVID-19 regulations. More from Barbara Windsor Barbara Windsor tribute… Read full this story
- Dame Barbara Windsor recovering from heart operation to have pacemaker fitted after complications caused by Alzheimer’s drugs
- Dame Barbara Windsor moves to care home as Alzheimer's worsens
- Dame Barbara Windsor 'may have to move into care home'
- Barbara Windsor’s husband Scott Mitchell reveals her Alzheimer’s means the EastEnders star has forgotten they’re married
- Barbara Windsor 'comfortable' in nursing home after Alzheimer's worsens during lockdown
- Barbara Windsor diagnosed with Alzheimer’s aged 80 – EastEnders and Carry On legend’s husband Scott Mitchell shares heartbreaking news
- EastEnders stars pay emotional tributes to ‘wonder woman’ Barbara Windsor as she turns 83 after moving to a care home
- Dementia-hit Barbara Windsor is struggling during isolation according to close pal Christopher Biggins
- Barbara Windsor was my ‘mum’ for 20 years…now sometimes she asks me who I am, says Ross Kemp
- Barbara Windsor’s husband Scott Mitchell says she’ll be in a care home soon and he can’t bear thought of letting her go
Dame Barbara Windsor's funeral: Carry On and EastEnders star laid to rest have 359 words, post on news.sky.com at January 8, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.