Listening to new music is part of everyone's daily life at Rolling Stone , from the writers and editors in the music department to photographers, designers, researchers, copy editors, and more. That might have been truer than ever in 2020, a year when music became an essential source of comfort and distraction when we needed it most. The choices on these personal Top 10s range from the biggest albums of the year — Taylor Swift's Folklore was playing in many a living room, as were Jessie Ware's What's Your Pleasure? , Dua Lipa's Future Nostalgia , Lil Uzi Vert's Eternal Atake , and other popular picks — to more idiosyncratic selections across a wide spectrum of genres. Read on for a glimpse of the many sounds that filled more than 25 Rolling Stone staffers' headphones in 2020. Related Waxahatchee on ‘Saint Cloud,’ Sobriety, and Hope for the Future Best Music 2020: Join Waxahatchee in Conversation With Rolling Stone Related Food, Family and Psycho Turkeys: 12 Off-the-Wall Thanksgiving Movies ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’: A Brief History of the Holiday Song Controversy Jonathan Bernstein, Research Editor Spillage Village, Spilligion Trace Mountains, Lost in the Country Bonny Light Horseman, Bonny Light Horseman Swamp… Read full this story
- UK Music asks Chancellor to order Budget review of music in education
- Years & Years review, O2 Arena London: A rainbow-dappled, sexually expressive triumph
- Review: Aladdin musical is shining, shimmering and splendid
- Boy, 7, becomes YouTube's top earner, making £17million a year reviewing toys
- Jamie Smith’s Mabon celebrate 20 years of InterCeltic music at The Ashcroft in Fareham
- After years of silence, music fills streets of Iraq's Mosul
- Forget The Masked Singer. Netflix’s Rhythm + Flow Is the Best Music Competition Show in Years
- When is Black Friday 2018, what date does it start in the UK and where were last year’s best deals?
- Top topiary: the year’s best gardening books
- THEATRE REVIEW: 'St Nics' performance of Brassed Off was the best I've seen in seven years'
Year in Review: Best Music of 2020 — Staff Picks have 326 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at December 21, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.