New Delhi, Dec 03: Wayanad MP and former Congress party chief Rahul Gandhi slammed Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led government on Thursday for ambiguity in the vaccine policy of the country, seeking clarity over the same.
Taking to Twitter, Rahul Gandhi said, “PM – Everyone will get vaccine. BJP in Bihar elections- Everyone in Bihar will get free vaccine. Now, GOI- Never said everyone will get vaccine. Exactly what does the PM stand by.”
The Wayanad MP’s tweet came in response to the government stating on Tuesday that it has not talked about vaccinating the entire population of the country against the coronavirus, even as India reported 9,462,809 infections and 137,621 related deaths that day.
“I just want to make this clear that the government has never spoken about vaccinating the entire country. It’s important that we discuss such scientific issues, based on factual information only,” Rajesh Bhushan, secretary, Union health ministry, had said.
Bhushan had also said that the average daily positivity rate in India has been 3.72 per cent and with 211 cases per million, India has the lowest cases per million count “among all the big nations”. While data from the last seven days indicates that cases are increasing in European nations, the cumulative positivity rate has decreased in India, he had noted.
The cumulative positivity rate fell from 7.15 per cent to 6.69 per cent between November 11 and December 1. “The number of recoveries had exceeded the number of new COVID-19 infections in India in the month of November,” Bhushan added.
- Mamata Banerjee does not want to see Rahul Gandhi as PM : Congress leader Gaurav Gogoi
- PM Narendra Modi stole from Andhra Pradesh and gave it to Anil Ambani: Rahul Gandhi
- Congress must clear stand on alliance with Shiv Sena, Mayawati on Rahul Gandhi's Savarkar jibe
- Rahul Gandhi Has Insulted His Grandmother With Anti-Savarkar Remarks, Says BJP
- BJP's stand on VD Savarkar empty talk: Uddhav Thackeray
- Uddhav Thackeray should beat Rahul Gandhi in public for insulting Veer Savarkar, says Ranjit Savarkar
- Centre diverting attention from economic slowdown: Kamal Nath
- Jharkhand Assembly Election 2019 Updates: Estimated 62% voter turnout recorded till 5 pm
- PM Modi only misled people in last 6 years: Manmohan Singh
- CAA protests continue; PM appeals for peace: Top developments and reactions
- Gandhi, but with guns: Part One
- Violence over CAA distressing, need to work together: PM Modi
- J'khand: PM Modi blames Cong for fueling tension in NE, urges people not to be misled
- Mamata Banerjee to address anti-CAA rally in North Kolkata at 1 pm
- Indian opposition leader Narendra Modi to stand in holy city of Varanasi
- Violence over CAA distressing, need to work together: PM
- Boris Johnson calls for a snap poll after MPs, including 21 Tory rebels, seize control of Commons to block no deal - and now PM must see off plot by Opposition and Remainers to deny us even a new General Election
- Welcome back, PV Sindhu! Shuttler, coach Pullela meet PM Modi; Amul congratulates 'World Butterminton Champ'
- IPL 2020 auction: How the squads stand and what they need
- From a £12 cake pops starter set to an artisan stand mixer, eight great gifts for budding bakers this Christmas
What does PM stand by: Rahul Gandhi on Centre's stand on COVID-19 vaccine have 899 words, post on www.oneindia.com at December 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.