"Floodlines" The Atlantic's first narrative podcast investigated the consequences of Hurricane Katrina, balancing the big picture with personal stories of loss. It showed how the impact of the natural disaster was aggravated by misinformation and the American government's policy failures, including devastating delays in getting food, water and sanitation to evacuees in the Superdome and the New Orleans Convention Centre. Hosted ably by Vann R. Newkirk II, a staff writer, "Floodlines" benefited from wonderful production, brilliant music and shorter episodes than many long-form series. The timing of its release was unfortunate—the show launched in the second week of March—and this thoughtful look at disaster response deserves a wider audience.
Handpicked stories, in your inbox
A daily newsletter with the best of our journalism
"The Other Latif"
"The Anthropocene Reviewed"
Listen to The Economist's podcasts at economist.com/podcasts
- Miss Nigeria had the best reaction to Jamaica winning the Miss World title and we're all inspired
- 2020 Dems dismiss Hillary Clinton's attacks, rally to Tulsi Gabbard's defense over Russia accusation
- Impeachment Today Podcast: They're The Most Interesting Lawyers In The World
- West Of the Rest Podcast: Sorry, Utah
- 2020 NBA Draft Big Board: Biggest risers and fallers in updated pro prospect rankings
- College Basketball Podcast: Is the Big Ten, led by Ohio State, the nation's best conference this season?
- Adam McKay’s Hyperobject Industries Makes Podcast Joint Venture With Three Uncanny Four Productions
- 'Masked Singer' Host Nick Cannon Gets His Own Talk Show in 2020
- Best TVs, YouTube downloads, using Google images and more: Tech Q&A
- Heisman 2020: 2 quarterbacks from Georgia and Georgia’s QB
- Heisman 2020: 2 quarterbacks from Georgia and Georgia's QB
- Best car gifts in 2019: Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and dashcams
- WWE schedule, list of PPVs for 2020: Royal Rumble, Worlds Collide date, location
- Tessa Thompson To Star In & Produce QCode Sci-Fi-Thriller Podcast ‘The Left Right Game’
- Chance the Rapper Cancels 2020 'The Big Tour' Which Was Postponed From 2019
- Brexit weekly briefing: talks on UK's future to drag on beyond 2020
- Ryan: NASCAR must take steps to make Phoenix title-worthy in 2020
- Elon Musk's SpaceX to Ship Marijuana and Coffee to International Space Station
- Sanders: Look at 'totality' of candidate instead of focusing on age
- Amazon sets its eyes on India with free Audible Suno service
The best podcasts of 2020 have 395 words, post on www.economist.com at December 16, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.