In a year defined by COVID-19, disinformation regarding the deadly pandemic has spread everywhere. Polygraph.info examined some of the major disinformation themes to have emerged from various corners of the world, and where those false narratives overlap. China China became the focus of attention during the COVID-19 pandemic, after the first cases were detected in the city of Wuhan, the capital of China's Hubei province. Controversy surrounded the Chinese government's lack of transparency about the disease. Cases emerged of the government attempting to suppress doctors' warnings about a new disease rapidly killing patients. Later, Chinese state media attempted to blame the U.S. for the outbreak, spinning multiple unsubstantiated claims about the virus allegedly being engineered in a U.S. military lab. Imported pandemic: Chinese state media deflects Covid-19 origin Even as the WHO investigation into the origin of the global pandemic was just getting started, Chinese state media claimed Wuhan was not the origin of Covid-19. They misrepresented an Italian study, which found people had developed coronavirus antibodies before the Wuhan outbreak. However, the Italian scientists say their findings do not refute that the virus originated in China, only that the epidemic in China was not detected in time. Chinese Disinfo… Read full this story
- Cleveland Heights passes Tobacco 21 ordinance: City Council recap
- Russians May Hack US Midterm Elections on Tuesday
- Russian woman charged with U.S. election interference
- Russian woman charged with US election interferenceYou may also be interested in...
- Networks declare Democrats will capture the House of Representatives
- NJ football recruiting: Top college recruits to watch in 2018
- NFL rumors: Golden Tate wants Jarvis Landry-level money; will Eagles give it to him?
Recapping 2020's COVID-19 Disinformation Pandemic have 276 words, post on www.voanews.com at December 23, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.