More than 50 percent of schools were infected with coronavirus during the second wave, new figures show. Of those tested for current infection in the 105 schools surveyed last month, 58 (55.2 percent) schools had positive infections among staff and pupils. It also found secondary schools continue to have more infections than primary schools. Round 1 of the Schools Infection Study (SIS) – a partnership between Public Health England, the Office for National Statistics and the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) – tested around 10,000 children and staff across England in November. Testing occurred at schools but was not determined by participants having any symptoms. The study found 1.24 percent of pupils and 1.29 percent of staff tested positive for current infection overall. The percentage of staff testing positive for current infection was higher in secondary schools at 1.47 percent than in primary schools which was 0.75 percent. For pupils, the percentage testing positive for current infection was also higher in secondary schools at 1.48 percent than in primary schools where it was 0.89 percent. However, the 95 percent confidence intervals indicate that these differences between pupils and staff and primary and secondary schools are not statistically… Read full this story
- Bay Area braces for second wave of PG&E outages, as some customers regain power
- After Count Day In CO Schools, Here's Why An Accurate Census Matters
- Nathan Chen, Alina Zagitova among the top takeaways for the figure skating season
- Rich school, poor school: Australia's great education divide
- Pennsylvania Teacher Placed on Leave After Racist Rant With Parent in School Parking Lot: 'Go Back to Your Welfare'
- The best Bay Area school districts for 2019, according to Niche
- Frontier Airlines Wants to Speak to Passengers on Second Ebola Nurse's Flight
- Live Updates: Second phase of outages have begun hitting the Bay Area
- Swimmers warned against Baltic Sea as German heat wave approaches
- 'This Week' Transcript: Tragedy at the Elementary School
More than 50 percent of schools infected with Covid-19 during second wave, figures show have 299 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.