The Apprentice: Lord Sugar fires candidate Dean Ahmad
We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you’ve consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info
Lord Sugar revealed his devastation as he paid tribute to his sister Shirley on Twitter. The Apprentice star said “Covid got her in the end” in an emotional farewell message.
Taking to the micro-blogging site, the 73-year-old shared a photo of his late sister.
Lord Sugar penned: “My eldest sister Shirley passed away today at the age of 88 she had been sick for a while but I guess covid got her in the end to join our brother Derek who passed 2 weeks ago. RIP SHIRL.”
It is unclear if Shirley was living in the UK when she died.
The tragic news comes just two weeks after Lord Sugar revealed his brother Derek was also killed by the virus.
Lord Sugar’s sister dies of Covid just weeks after brother’s death (Image: GETTY/TWITTER)
Lord Sugar’s sister Shirley died after a battle with coronavirus (Image: TWITTER LORD SUGAR)
At the time of his death, the business guru had also penned another heartfelt message.
He wrote: “My brother Derek died today another victim of Covid which complicated his underlying health problems.
“He was a life long Spurs fan and my sister in law made me laugh in 1991 thanking me for buying Spurs for him.
“He will be sadly missed by the whole family. RIP BRO.”
Lord Sugar’s brother Derek died two weeks ago from Covid (Image: INSTAGRAM LORD SUGAR)
Following the announcement of his sister’s death, fans offered their condolences to The Apprentice star.
One wrote: “That is terrible news and so soon after your brother. What a dreadful year.”
Another commented: “Sorry for your loss. My father passed away from Covid recently, it is a bitter pill to swallow.”
“Hard times for you. So sorry. So much heartache this year for so many, myself included,” a third added.
Steph McGovern talks struggles with partner as she addresses low point [LATEST] Naga Munchetty in tears as she shares rare family insight [TWITTER] Jeremy Clarkson’s fury after Richard Hammond’s accident [TV]
Lord Sugar has spent much of lockdown in Florida (Image: GETTY)
Lord Sugar has previously opened up about growing up in the East End of London with his family.
The TV star admitted he didn’t experience much “caring” from his parents as a child.
Lord Sugar penned in his autobiography: “I never experienced any feelings of closeness and caring from my parents.”
He also said he hardly remembers his brothers and sisters living at home.
Lord Sugar has previously spoken out about the coronavirus pandemic and has urged the public to follow government guidelines.
Spending much of lockdown in his Florida home, the business mogul said the UK has handled the pandemic better than the US.
"It's the irresponsible people out there who are not paying attention to the rules,” Lord Sugar told the Sun.
“And the rules are good rules, they're not stupid rules.”
- NHS nurse on coronavirus frontline reveals she’s written her will in case she dies battling Covid-19
- Sister of Zimbabwean NHS worker who died from Covid-19 leaving daughter, 12, orphaned in the UK reveals she worked all hours to send money home to her son and mother - as the financial company she used to transfer cash pledges to support family for a year
- Lord Sugar accuses Piers Morgan of being ‘irresponsible’ and exploiting the coronavirus pandemic
- Lord Sugar rants at 'mad' Piers Morgan for 'making him a murderer' over 'reckless' tweet
- Lord Sugar blasts Piers Morgan as a ‘Covid-19 martyr’ as their nasty row intensifies
- Lord Sugar slammed for sharing 'dangerous' post claiming coronavirus was created in China
- Three women from same family that ran grocery store in Boston die of COVID-19 in three days
- Brave intensive care nurse, 27, diagnosed with rare cancer just weeks after dream wedding dies of disease
- Coronavirus: Mother, brother of ex-NBA lottery pick Sebastian Telfair die after battling COVID-19, per report
- Coronavirus: Former NBA lottery pick Sebastian Telfair loses mother and brother after both battled COVID-19
- Georgia Toffolo flouts lockdown rules to attend a birthday party for a DOG... following the tragic death of her grandfather Umberto from COVID-19
- YouTube Star Brittani Boren Leach Is Pregnant 5 Months After Newborn Son's Tragic Death
- Sarah Jessica Parker, Cynthia Nixon Send Condolences to Kim Cattrall After Her Brother's Death
- 'The nation will not forget you': Boris Johnson leads minute's silence for key workers who have died with COVID-19
- NHS doctor and dad-of-six dies of coronavirus 'just months after moving to UK'
- FOUR more residents at coronavirus-stricken nursing home die of COVID-19 - Australia's death toll hits 88
- 'Quarantine and social distancing have flattened the curve': Wife of man who called the coronavirus a 'political ploy' before dying of COVID-19 defends him and says he would have admitted he was wrong if he'd known the full extent of the pandemic
- Loss and new beginning in this Pune family battling Covid-19
- Parents, grandparents, boxers, singers: the care home residents who have died from Covid-19
- Son of doctor who died from Covid-19 confronts Matt Hancock over PPE
Lord Sugar's sister dies after battle with Covid just weeks after brother's tragic death have 994 words, post on www.express.co.uk at December 30, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.