Acting legends Sean Connery and Kirk Douglas, sports stars Jack Charlton and Diego Maradona, forces’ sweetheart Vera Lynn, Black Panther hero Chadwick Boseman and TV presenter Caroline Flack – we have said goodbye to many famous faces in 2020.Other stars who have died this year include basketball star Kobe Bryant, rock ‘n’ roll founding father Little Richard and one of Celebrity Big Brother’s most memorable contestants, Jackie Stallone. And the COVID-19 pandemic meant we also mourned celebrities including much-loved British comedians Eddie Large and Bobby Ball.Here’s a look back at the careers, the legacies and the tributes following the deaths of famous faces from the worlds of music, film, TV, fashion, sport and politics.JanuaryBasketball legend Kobe Bryant’s death in a helicopter crash at the age of 41 shocked the world.The NBA star and his 13-year-old daughter were among nine people killed when the aircraft went down in thick fog in the hills around Los Angeles.One of few athletes worldwide known simply by his first name, LA Lakers star Bryant was a five-time NBA champion, an 18-time NBA all-star, and widely considered among the greatest basketball players in history.Some of the sport’s greats, including Michael Jordan and Shaquille O’Neal, were among… Read full this story
- Celebrity deaths of 2018: Look back at all of the stars we lost this year
- 14 long-lived Bay Area restaurants we said goodbye to in 2018
- Hampstead artist has painted world's most famous faces
- Gogglebox’s June Bernicoff releasing a book to celebrate the life of late husband Leon after 60 years together
- What was Steve Levy’s cause of death and who did he play in Ray Donovan?
- How old is John Torode, who’s the Celebrity MasterChef judge’s partner, what are his best recipes and is he friends with Gregg?
- Avicii fans find new poignancy in Mike Posner’s I Took A Pill In Ibiza lyrics about DJ following his tragic death
- Who is John Torode? MasterChef judge, celebrity chef and Lisa Faulkner’s partner
- Emily Atack’s mum is MORE famous than her after appearing on a huge show – but you won’t recognise her face
- George Shelley says BBC reality show helped him recover from sister’s death
Celebrity deaths 2020: The famous faces and notable figures we said goodbye to this year have 366 words, post on news.sky.com at December 26, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.