What you need to know
- Alexa can now play Spotify podcasts in 11 new countries as the two companies expand their integration.
- These include Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland.
- Spotify originally launched this feature in the U.S. back in 2019.
Spotify this week announced an expansion of its integration with Alexa, as far as podcasts go that is. Currently, in the U.S., customers can verbally request that Alexa play podcasts in the same way they can do for songs or other supported content. Now, the company is expanding the availability of this functionality to other countries. These include Germany, France, Italy, Spain, the United Kingdom, Mexico, Canada, Brazil, India, Austria, and Ireland.
You’ll need to have linked Spotify to your Alexa app and set it up as the default podcasting service first. Once this is done, you’ll be able to say: “Alexa, play [podcast of choice] podcast on Spotify.” If you have a Google Nest or Google Home smart speaker, you can’t currently choose Spotify as a content source though, so that’s something to keep in mind if your choice of smart speaker hinges on podcast content offerings.
Spotify has developed a competent podcast offering, luring big names like Joe Rogan and respected bodies like the NPR over to its platform. The experience leaves much to be desired, and some have critiqued the company’s choices around who it platforms. That being said, companies like Amazon and Apple are hopping on the podcasts wave too, so Spotify is certainly on to something.
The Amazon Echo 4th gen has excellent sound and a nice compact design. It’s great for playing your music and podcasts, and it doesn’t cost too much either.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.
- Get ready to start talking to your car, your TV and your fridge - Amazon Alexa steals the show at CES 2017
- Reba McEntire Will Tell You How to Live Your Life in New Spotify Podcast
- Amazon Alexa now understands Hindi and Hinglish
- Amazon Just Launched A Slew of New Echo Gadgets Including Speakers, Headphones, and...Glasses?
- Like a proud parent, Amazon recounts everything Alexa achieved in 2018
- Amazon Echo Plus (2nd gen) review
- Amazon Echo second-generation review: smaller, cheaper and better
- Alexa will automatically boot up personal app preferences based on your voice
- Amazon Echo Dot (3rd gen) review: better all round
- Amazon's Alexa could have eyes and even walk around in the future - despite current privacy concerns about the devices recording conversations
- Echo Dot with Clock: Amazon's cheap Alexa alarm clock replacement
- New HP Pavilion x360 notebook comes to India with in-built Alexa at Rs 45,990
- The age of Amazon: a closeup examination of Bezos's behemoth
- The 10 Best Podcast Player Apps for 2019
- Amazon Echo Plus (1st gen) review
- Best music streaming service of 2019: Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, Amazon and Google Play compared
- Spotify’s free tier now works on Sonos, just in time for Black Friday
- Google Home Hub vs. Amazon Echo Show
- You can now ask Alexa to pay your bills through Amazon Pay
- It's Prime Day! As Amazon's annual shopping bonanza returns for 48 hours, we share the biggest savings from the retailer and its high street rivals - and reveal the biggest-selling deals in the UK
Amazon's Alexa now supports Spotify podcasts in 11 new countries have 772 words, post on www.androidcentral.com at December 17, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.