WarnerMedia parent AT&T today named former FCC chairman William Kennard chairman of the telecom giant’s board effective in January when current chair (and former CEO) Randall Stephenson retires. AT&T announced its plan to elect an independent chairman when Stephenson, who held both positions since 2007, stepped down in April. COO John Stankey stepped up as CEO in July. Splitting the role of chairman and CEO is regarded as good corporate governance. Kennard was general counsel to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission from 1993 to 1997. He was appointed chairman in 1997, holding the position until 2001. From 2009 to 2013, he served as the U.S. Ambassador to the European Union. He’s been a director at AT&T since 2014 and currently serves on the board’s corporate governance and nominating committee and the public policy and corporate reputation committee. Related Story WarnerMedia Parent AT&T Gets $1.95B Cash Closing Sale Of Some Wireless Assets To Liberty Latin America Kennard has also held positions at Carlyle Group, a global asset management firm, leading investments in the telecom and media sectors, and the law firm now called DLA Piper, where he was a partner and member of the board of directors. He is co-founder of… Read full this story
- How race chief Bill Kennedy and his team solved a Cat's Eyes conundrum to recreate spirit of Armada
- Ford Motor Co director emeritus William Clay Ford passes away
- PSA Peugeot Citroën names former Airbus chief Louis Gallois as chairman
- The Equestrian Coach Who Minted Olympians, and Left a Trail of Child Molestation
- BREAKING NEWS: Beto O'Rourke QUITS 2020 race as campaign runs out of cash - after launching run on the front of Vanity Fair saying: 'Man, I'm just born to be in it.'
- Opel: Stracke Out, Girsky In, GM In Panic
- Crunch watch Nov 09: the auto industry in crisis
- News watch September 2010: today's auto industry news
- Every NFL Team's Most Important Training Camp Battle
- Crunch watch May 09: the auto industry in crisis
WarnerMedia Parent AT&T Names William Kennard, Former FCC Chief, As Chairman Of The Board have 322 words, post on deadline.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.