Physicians Ugur Sahin and Oezlem Tuereci, who bonded over their love of medical research, are the married couple behind the Covid-19 vaccine that could change the world. Mr Sahin came from humble roots to build two billion-dollar companies but still rides to work on his mountain bike. Now the ‘modest’ 55-year-old physician turned chief executive of a German biotech firm and his wife Oezlem Tuereci, 53, a fellow board member of BioNTech, are being hailed as the ‘dream team’ behind the world’s hopes for a Covid vaccine. The global race to find a Covid-19 vaccine took a leap forward today when pharma companies Pfizer and BioNTech claimed their jab is 90 per cent effective. Boris Johnson promised the UK will be at the ‘front of the pack’ for the new coronavirus vaccine tonight after the massive breakthrough. Husband and wife Ugur Sahin and Oezlem Tuereci are the couple behind the Covid-19 vaccine that could change the world Ugur Sahin, pictured above, came from humble roots to build two billion-dollar companies but still rides to work on his mountain bike. Oezlem Tuereci, 53, is a fellow board member of BioNTech. She is the daughter of a Turkish physician who had migrated to Germany… Read full this story
- Some Seniors Fortunate To Get COVID Vaccine At Holiday Park Without Appointment
- Indian hesitancy sets back world's biggest Covid vaccination drive
- Covid vaccines: what are the implications of new variants of virus?
- Sir David Attenborough, 94, and Brian Blessed, 84, both receive their first Covid vaccination jabs
- Jonathan Van-Tam dons scrubs and a facemask to help administer Covid vaccinations as a volunteer in his spare time
- 'He started feeling very weak': Peter Andre, 47, is secretly battling coronavirus after he took a test when he was 'struggling to breathe'
- Retired teachers in their 70s fly from New York to their second home in Florida for four days to get the COVID vaccine as Gov DeSantis denies there's an influx of medical tourists saying its 'snowbirds' getting the shots
- Has Britain's great Covid vaccine rollout ALREADY stalled? Daily figures drop for third day in a row as critics tell No10 to 'throw as much money as possible' at NHS to ensure jab uptake stays high
- First Covid vaccines are given at Boots and Superdrug as jab rollout ramps up another gear – see where you can get it
- Is Europe Getting Its COVID Vaccine Rollout Wrong?
The husband and wife behind covid vaccine that could change the world: Couple bonded over love of medical research that has given hope in battle against coronavirus have 387 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.