NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — Mayor Bill de Blasio is urging protesters to call out and avoid agitators after violence has broken out at several demonstrations this week. Nineteen people were arrested during protests Thursday night. Hundreds of people marched in Manhattan, many for different reasons, and while most were peaceful, there were some who clashed with police. One officer was pushed to the ground with a chain pressed to his neck. MORE — NYPD: More Than A Dozen Arrested When Post-Election Protests Turn Violent For 2nd Night In A Row It was another night of post-election protests in New York City, as hundreds of people marched in Manhattan. (CBS2) “If you see folks among you doing violence or planning violence that have got chains or hammers or anything in their bag, you need to separate from them and you need to point out what they’re doing because that’s not what most protesters are about,” de Blasio said Friday. When asked about aggressive policing tactics, the mayor said video clips do not necessarily tell the whole story. MORE — NYPD Says Outside Agitators Again Infiltrate Peaceful Protests, More Arrests Made Thursday Night In Manhattan He said the tactic known as “kettling,” where… Read full this story
- ACLU: New Milwaukee police chief shouldn’t use harsh tactics
- Aurora protest: Police say fires set at courthouse; earlier, driver plows through crowd, witnesses say at least 3 hurt
- Protesters feel joy after four former officers hit with new charges in George Floyd's death
- In one week there were at least 9 instances of police using excessive force caught on camera
- Nobody Knows Why New York’s Murder Rate Has Risen. Bill de Blasio Is Using It to Demagogue.
- Protests are erupting over police brutality. And some officers are responding to the outcry with force
- NYPD officer suspended without pay following 'disturbing apparent chokehold incident'
- Florida Teacher Pens Own Obituary In Protest Of Reopening Schools With In-Person Learning
- Anti-lockdown 'freedom rally' in Melbourne completely flops as just a handful of protesters show up and nearly ALL are fined or arrested
- Protesters decry government's anti-LGBT attitudes in Poland
Mayor Bill De Blasio Urges Protesters To Call Out Agitators, Says Officers Using ‘Kettling’ Tactic Is Not Acceptable have 341 words, post on newyork.cbslocal.com at November 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.