Lindsay Lohan reflected fondly on the highly-anticipated virtual reunion with her former Mean Girls costars in October, hosted by journalist Katie Couric.
During an episode of her mother’s podcast Listen to Me, The OG Mama D Podcast With Dina Lohan And Chanel Omari, the 34-year-old spoke of reuniting with Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfried, Lacey Chabert and the film’s writer Tina Fey.
After surprising fans of the 2004 hit teen comedy by recreating the iconic four-way phone call scene, the star gushed at the idea of reprising her role as Cady Heron.
Happier than ever: Lindsay Lohan reflected fondly on the highly-anticipated virtual reunion with her former Mean Girls costars in October, hosted by journalist Katie Couric
Addressing the sequel rumors, Lohan said: ‘Oh, I mean, I know that they’re gonna do something, but I just don’t know exactly what yet and it would be an honor to be a part of it, obviously.’
‘It was really fun to do you know the catching up all together the reunion because it felt like – and they didn’t air part of this – but it felt like it was, we had all just seen each other the day before,’ she noted.
Lindsay said: ‘It still feels like we know each other so well ’cause we spent so much time with each other and we discussed how it’s been working with each other that it’s been, you know, so continuous over the years that it feels like we’re all still good friends, which was really nice, to catch up with everyone. So that was really fun.’
Sequel hopes: During an episode of her mother’s podcast Listen to Me, The OG Mama D Podcast With Dina Lohan And Chanel Omari , the 34-year-old spoke of reuniting with Rachel McAdams, Amanda Seyfried and Lacey Chabert and the film’s writer Tina Fey
Having a ball: During her new podcast interview Lindsay also had warm words for her Zoom reunion with her Mean Girls co-stars last month hosted by Katie Couric
Later in the interview, she opened up about her Broadway ambitions, after doing a play, called Speed-The-Plow, in the West End in London, back in 2014.
‘Yeah, I would definitely consider Broadway,’ she revealed, before saying her production of Speed-The-Plow was almost brought to Broadway or off-Broadway.
The star added: ’I’m not sure what happened with it, but I would definitely do Broadway.’
Grateful: Addressing the sequel rumors, Lohan said: ‘Oh, I mean, I know that they’re gonna do something, but I just don’t know exactly what yet and it would be an honor to be a part of it, obviously’
Lindsay, who rose to fame as a child star, shared: ‘I love, you know – my mom always told me, triple threat, sing-dance-act!’
Speed-The-Plow is a send-up of Hollywood by David Mamet that originally ran on Broadway in 1988 with Madonna in the role of Karen.
The Independent called her performance ‘a deftly delineated characterization’ and the Guardian noted her ‘quality of breathless naivety that is far and away the most interesting thing in Lindsay Posner’s otherwise tame, under-powered revival.’
‘Yeah, I would definitely consider Broadway’: ‘I mean I did a play, Speed-The-Plow in the West End in London,’ she recalled; she is pictured at the show’s press night in 2014
During the podcast interview, she also talked about wanting to work with Ryan Murphy again after doing a guest shot as herself on his show Glee.
‘I love everything Ryan Murphy but Ratched was amazing,’ she gushed of his new show which is about the villainous nurse from One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest.
‘He’s someone I would love to work with. I did Glee quickly with him but I would love to do a full series or movie with him even,’ she said.
Throwback: Speed-The-Plow originally ran on Broadway in 1988 with Madonna in the role of Karen; she is pictured onstage with her co-stars Ron Silver (left) and Joe Mantegna (right)
Back in 2012 Lindsay appeared on the Glee episode Nationals, where she sat on a singing competition judging panel that included Perez Hilton.
One of the plot points of the episode is that much to Lindsay’s chagrin, Perez keeps writing gossip online about her.
In real life when the episode was being promoted, MTV asked Perez about the conjecture that Lindsay was tough to work with and hours late.
Big plans: During her latest podcast interview Lindsay also talked about wanting to work with Ryan Murphy again after doing a guest shot as herself on his show Glee
‘I showed up to set early and prepared and was very happy to be there and professional, excited and appreciative for the opportunity,’ he deflected.
Her publicist Steve Honig, who quit later that year, told E! News that a ‘misunderstanding’ over her call time was the reason she arrived behind schedule.
‘If there was a problem yesterday, I would have just said “no comment,” however I can’t ignore this because this is utter B.S,’ he said.
‘I love everything Ryan Murphy but Ratched was amazing,’ she gushed of his new show which is about the villainous nurse from One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest (pictured in 2019)
‘This is a classic example of people trying to bash Lindsay. She busted her a** yesterday and is back on set again today.’
Nowadays Lindsay’s ambitions are not confined to her own career, as she also hopes to see Dina on Dancing With The Stars someday.
Chanel asked Lindsay on the new podcast if she would do the dance competition show, but Lindsay said Dina should do it ‘and I wanna go and cheer her on.’
She gushed: ‘That would be like my dream to see her on Dancing With The Stars,’ and said Dina ‘would do so well, if not win.’
Living life: Lohan is a proud Dubai resident; seen last November
Lindsay showered her mother with praise, saying: ‘I mean, she’s a Rockette. She was a dancer her whole life. She was a ballerina, so.’
Although there have long been claims that Dina was once a Rockette, a Radio City spokeswoman told Page Six in 2007 that they could not locate any record of her ever having had the gig – even under her maiden name Donata Sullivan.
A source at Radio City’s owner Cablevision fumed: ‘It’s like claiming to have a degree from Harvard when you don’t. It’s a big deal to be a Rockette.’
Available for purchase: As for her next step, she opened up about her jewelry line and dreams of entering the beauty industry with the ‘right’ partner, which she has not found just yet
As for her own next step, Lindsay opened up about her jewelry line and dreams of entering the beauty industry with the ‘right’ partner, which she has not found yet.
On Saturday, she gave her 8.7 million Instagram a first look at her Lindsay Lohan & Lily Baker Collaboration, which is now available.
Among the pieces, all under $250, are a rainbow ring, gold ‘blessed’ necklace, a number of cute pieces featuring an evil eye.
Affordable: Among the pieces, all under $250, are a rainbow ring, gold ‘blessed’ necklace, a number of cute pieces featuring an evil eye
- Priyanka Chopra Recalls Facing Racist Bullying In High School; Says 'My Confidence Was Stripped'
- 'High School Musical' turns 15: Here's every song from the beloved film, ranked
- ‘One Night In Miami’ Review: Amazon Presents a Didactic and Dull High School Play
- 'We try to navigate it together': Frankie Bridge reveals she and husband Wayne only became 'good' at talking about mental health in last few years
- The top 10 barmy ‘right on’ and woke moves from binning Bond girls to snowflake-friendly street signs
- The 100 best films on Amazon Prime Video to watch right now
- 'Close the borders, vaccinate the teachers, open the schools!' Furious Tory MPs summon Gavin Williamson to Commons amid fears ministers are set to keep children out of classrooms until EASTER
- Caitlyn Jenner in talks to appear in Sex and the City reboot on HBO Max amid efforts to make new installment more inclusive: 'They want new faces'
- Tory MPs revolt over plans to keep children off school until after Easter amid warnings Covid crackdowns are creating a ‘lost generation’
- The London school that tried to end racism: Year 7 pupils are divided into mixed race 'affinity groups' for a TV experiment - but white pupils 'are terrified they could ruin their lives by saying the wrong thing'
- Man who killed boy, 12, in hit-and-run outside school detained under Mental Health Act
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle sign to a high-profile speaking agency that represents the Obamas and Clintons who can earn up to £1million per speech
- 100 Greatest Movie Songs From 100 Years of Film
- Inside Danny Elfman’s Twisted Cult Film ‘Forbidden Zone’
- Frank Stallone recalls filming ‘Rocky’ with brother Sylvester, impressing Frank Sinatra in doc
- Indie hit Oxenfree’s legacy continues with an upcoming TV series
- Where are 7 Up! kids now? Femail reveals the varied fortunes of those whose lives were filmed by the late Michael Apted - including a homeless drifter turned preacher and a man who bitterly cut all ties with the project
- Legendary talk show host Larry King dies aged 87 at LA hospital just three weeks after being transferred from the ICU as he battled COVID
- 'What a queen!' RuPaul's Drag Race UK fans gush over Elizabeth Hurley and her VERY cheeky puns as she makes debut as guest judge
- Hilaria Baldwin's brand deals with American Girl and baby label Cuties Baby Care will not be renewed in the wake of Boston-born yoga teacher's fake Spanish heritage scandal
Lindsay Lohan gushes that she and her Mean Girls costars are 'all still good friends'... and talks sequel to the hit high school film have 1629 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.