Exclusive TMZ.com One ofKenny Rogers’ longtime friends did NOT know when to fold ’em, because he allegedly produced an unauthorized DVD of Kenny’s farewell tour … and now his estate is suing. The estate claims Kelly Junkermann, an employee and friend, went rogue after he recorded Kenny’s last tour and tried to release a DVD called “Kenny Rogers — The Gambler’s Last Deal.” According to legal docs, obtained by TMZ, the estate claims Junkermann convinced the singer to let him shoot the farewell tour — but Kenny made it crystal clear the footage would be for Kenny’s personal use only … and NOT for commercial release. LinkedIn The estate claims Junkermann ignored that condition and went ahead and made a DVD filled with “priceless and irreplaceable audio, video, photographic and audiovisual content that were compiled over the course of Kenny Rogers’ decades-long career.” What’s more … the estate claims Junkermann made repeated requests for approval to use the content, but was repeatedly denied verbally and in writing. The estate is adamant Junkermann knew he had no right to go forward, but still struck a deal with a distributor. Gallery Launch Gallery Getty Earlier this year, the estate says it blocked… Read full this story
- Video Premiere: Poker Stars Toast to Kenny Rogers’ ‘The Gambler’
- Lionel Richie Duets With Kenny Rogers at SXSW
- Watch Dolly Parton Sing a Tribute to ‘Sweet Music Man’ Kenny Rogers on CMT
- Lady Antebellum Gives New Meaning to ‘Islands in the Stream’ With Kenny Rogers Tribute
- Kenny Rogers, country music icon, dies at 81
- Ex-NBA star Stephen Jackson calls for the cops who 'murdered' his longtime friend George Floyd to get the death penalty, saying the only way police will 'stop killing people in broad daylight is if they start dying too'
- Tolkien Estate Sues Warner Bros. Over ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Slot Machines
- Joni Mitchell is 'speaking well' and will make full recovery, says longtime friend
- Ex-NBA player Stephen Jackson mourns loss of his longtime friend George Floyd
- Yamaha ride won't be a farewell tour, says Valentino Rossi
Kenny Rogers Estate Sues Longtime Friend Over Farewell Tour DVD have 348 words, post on www.tmz.com at November 22, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.