JOHNNY Depp battered ex-wife Amber Heard 12 TIMES, a judge today ruled as the actor lost his blockbuster libel case against The Sun. In a stunning victory for press freedom, London’s High Court ruled we were RIGHT to brand the Pirates of the Caribbean actor a wife beater for his brutal attacks on his ex-wife. Mr Justice Nicol threw out Depp’s defamation case after finding our story – which had always been staunchly backed by Ms Heard – was accurate. The judge ruled Depp’s feelings towards his wife during their turbulent three-year relationship were summed up in a text where the actor revealed he had “no mercy” for her. He also concluded Depp beat Ms Heard 12 times – starting in 2013 when he slapped the actress when she made a comment about his tattoo. Over the course of their stormy marriage, the judge found Depp battered his wife after flying into drug and booze-fuelled rages.He dismissed two allegations made by Ms Heard in 2014 and 2015. But Depp branded the Aquaman star’s allegations a “hoax” as he gave evidence for more than 20 hours. The Alice in Wonderland star tried to smear his ex-wife’s reputation – even making an… Read full this story
- JK Rowling defends casting Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them sequel
- J.K Rowling defends decision to cast Johnny Depp in Fantastic Beasts sequel following domestic violence allegations
- Who’s on The Graham Norton Show? Judi Dench, Kenneth Branagh, Michelle Pfeiffer, Johnny Depp and St Vincent join
- Johnny Depp accused of ‘throwing his family under a bus’ during multi-million dollar lawsuit
- Who is Elon Musk, what’s the Tesla founder’s net worth, what are Hyperloop and SpaceX and is he dating Amber Heard?
- Millionaire who gave ex-wife £9million launches fight to force her back to work so he doesn't have to pay £175k a year
- Australian deputy PM Barnaby Joyce quits over claims of affair with ex-aide
- Who is Jason Momoa? Game of Thrones and Justice League actor who secretly married Lisa Bonet
- Who is Jason Momoa? Justice League actor and Game of Thrones’ Khal Drogo who secretly married Lisa Bonet
- Loughisland case: Full ruling in which judge recuses himself
Johnny Depp verdict: Actor beat ex-wife Amber Heard 12 TIMES, judge rules as The Sun wins trial have 357 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at November 2, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.