Johnny Depp’s bid to overturn a damning High Court ruling that he assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard and put her in fear for her life has been dealt an initial setback after he was refused permission to appeal. The Hollywood star sued The Sun’s publisher for libel after a 2018 column by its executive editor Dan Wootton labelled him a ‘wife beater’. The 57-year-old took legal action against News Group Newspapers (NGN) over the column, which referred to ‘overwhelming evidence’ he attacked Ms Heard, 34, during their relationship. Hollywood star Johnny Depp, pictured, has failed in an attempt to to appeal his recent High Court defeat over allegations that he had assaulted his ex-wife Amber Heard The High Court in London was told that Amber Heard, pictured right, was in fear of her life. Earlier this month, Mr Justice Nichol found a story that claimed Depp had assaulted his ex-wife was ‘substantially true’ The High Court libel case heard a string of claims about the nature of Depp’s relationship with his ex-wife Amber Heard, left Earlier this month, Mr Justice Nicol dismissed the Pirates Of The Caribbean actor’s claim, finding NGN had proved what was in the article was ‘substantially… Read full this story
- I decided to divorce Amber Heard when she defecated in our bed: Johnny Depp calls his ex-wife a 'narcissistic sociopath' who attacked HIM and denies ever hitting her at blockbuster libel court showdown
- Johnny Depp defends giving daughter Lily-Rose marijuana when she was just 13 years old as 'responsible parenting'
- Johnny Depp claims Amber Heard's bloody mouth was caused by 'dry lips' not headbutt
- Johnny Depp is given four days to hand over all audio recordings he has of ex-wife Amber Heard and his medical records ahead of High Court libel trial
- Johnny Depp accuses Amber Heard of throwing 'haymaker' punch at party after he lost $650m
- Amber Heard 'caked herself in makeup' to hide 'tons of injuries' on James Corden show
- Amber Heard's first outing was James Corden Show hours after Johnny Depp 'headbutt'
- Amber Heard 'had two black eyes on James Corden's show' after being 'headbutted'
- Head Covered But No Bra: Amber Heard Under Fire for 'Disrespectful' Look During Turkish Mosque Visit
- Amber Heard appears in a new swimsuit selfie with a cryptic caption... as the star continues Turkey trip after lawsuit against ex Johnny Depp
Johnny Depp is DENIED permission to appeal against High Court ruling that newspaper was entitled to call him a 'wife beater' over claims by ex Amber Heard - leaving him facing £628,000 legal bill have 384 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at November 25, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.