Vice President-elect Kamala Harris has been the subject of a number of conspiracy theories by far-right agitators and meme-makers. But one of the most widespread — and likely to gain momentum as Joe Biden’s inauguration nears — is the false claim that Harris will soon take over as president. The tale goes like this: Once inaugurated, President Biden will have some kind of health issue that necessitates him stepping down permanently, thus installing Harris as the new president. According to conspiracy believers, this will not be a spontaneous act but the liberals’ master plan all along. Here’s what you need to know about this thoroughly debunked claim: Who is peddling this baseless story? “Kamala is the real president” is being utilized by the usual players in the right-wing conspiracy space. The Daily Caller and InfoWars have pushed the narrative. It’s also been promoted by at least one host at Newsmax, a conservative news source that still has not called the election for Biden. “A Harris administration together with Joe Biden…”pic.twitter.com/XEtLji17BX— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) September 15, 2020 But it’s hardly on the fringes of conspiracy thought. It’s been used by President Donald Trump and his campaign staff to stoke fear in… Read full this story
- Senators grill State Department official on GOP's promotion of debunked Ukraine conspiracy theory
- Saagar Enjeti unpacks why Kamala Harris's campaign didn't work
- Rush Limbaugh Falsely Claims Kamala Harris and Barack Obama Are Not African American, Rashida Tlaib Is Not a Woman of Color
- Kamala Harris, Vice-Presidential Pick?
- Maybe Kamala Harris Was Never the One
- Kamala Harris Dropped Out Because the Party Doesn’t Decide
- Lessons of the Kamala Harris campaign
- World ending conspiracy theory falls flat following prediction that mysterious planet Nibiru was 'set to wipe out all life'
- 'I'm not a billionaire. I can't fund my own campaign.' Kamala Harris drops out of 2020 presidential race with parting shot at Michael Bloomberg
- Social Media Dunks on Kamala Harris After She Calls It Quits
Debunking the absurd conspiracy theory that Kamala Harris will take over as president have 326 words, post on www.sfchronicle.com at November 13, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.