close Video Biden: ‘It’s time to end the politicization’ of mask-wearing Joe Biden delivers remarks on his plans to beat COVID-19 and build the economy back in Wilmington, Del. New York City Mayor Bill De Blasio on Monday appeared to brush off concerns that weekend celebrations over Joe Biden’s presidential victory could contribute to the further spread of the coronavirus. At the mayor’s daily press briefing, a New York Post reporter noted that although many attendees of these celebrations wore masks, many did not abide by social distancing rules – guidelines that De Blasio has previously urged New Yorkers to follow. NYC Mayor Bill De Blasio giving his daily press briefing in Manhattan on Nov. 9, 2020. (NYC Mayor’s Office) Asked whether his administration was concerned that the celebrations would fuel an increase in coronavirus cases, De Blasio said that outdoor gatherings with a mask were less a cause for concern than indoor gatherings without a mask. “This is really what we’re seeing decisively. Those outdoor gatherings, always something to keep an eye on. But if people keep a mask on and they’re outdoors, we haven’t seen too much ill come of that,” De Blasio said. “Increasingly the concern is,… Read full this story
- Tom Curran stars as England clinch series victory in Perth
- Ten talking-points that defined the 2018 Cheltenham Festival
- Australia's Lyon charged by ICC as test spirits run over
- McCarthy on ‘magician’ Celina, O’Kane’s red card, beating Leeds, Bialkowski conspiracies and new French signing
- England end on dramatic winning note in Australia thanks to Tom Curran
- Rumour Mill: ‘No luck beating Gers’ says Rodgers
De Blasio dismisses coronavirus risks during Biden victory celebrations, contrary to CDC guidelines have 267 words, post on www.foxnews.com at November 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.