Tenet , which stars John David Washington and Robert Pattinson, gets a full chapter in British film critic Tom Shone's latest book The Nolan Variations . During the interview, Shone and Nolan spoke with the Times about the themes in the filmmaker's works, the discourse surrounding his mind-bending titles and more.
While Nolan expressed pleasure with Tenet 's box office numbers, he told the Times that he's afraid major studios might be taking home the wrong message from the picture's pandemic-age performance.
"Rather than looking at where the film has worked well and how that can provide them with much needed revenue, they're looking at where it hasn't lived up to pre-COVID expectations and will start using that as an excuse to make exhibition take all the losses from the pandemic instead of getting in the game and adapting — or rebuilding our business, in other words," he added.
He continues to urge the industry and audiences to consider the importance of exhibition and the moviegoing experience as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect box office releases and shutter local theaters. Back in March, Nolan penned an op-ed in the Washington Post wherein he dubbed movie theaters "a vital part of social life" worth preserving. In his latest interview, Nolan maintains that perspective.
"Long term, moviegoing is a part of life, like restaurants and everything else," he said. "But right now, everybody has to adapt to a new reality."
- 'John Wick' defeats 'Avengers: Endgame' for top spot at the box office
- ‘Black Panther’ composer Ludwig Göransson brings new sounds to ‘Star Wars’ series ‘The Mandalorian’
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt: the new Heath Ledger?
- Ben Affleck Out As Batman, New Actor to Be Cast
- 'This Week' Transcript: Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani
- In 2017, the web series may be the new TV pilot
- Summer TV: The 30 Most Exciting New Shows
- Inside the astrology craze: The search for self in the new New Age.
- Get rid of The Apprentice and I guarantee you’ll get BBC’s box-ticking b*****ks
- What Akshay Kumar wants to tell ALL heroes!
- Celebrity Big Brother winners: Famous faces who took the title from 2001 to 2018
- The Path For Raunchy Female Friendship Comedies Is As Messy As The Women They Champion
- Substantially less outrageous case file #54:
- 50 Brilliant Science Fiction Movies That Everyone Should See At Least Once
- When It Became Cool To Like Clint Eastwood
- Apocalypse, now?
- Digital Trends favorite movies of 2017
- George Clooney told Ben Affleck not to play Batman after his experience portraying Caped Crusader
- The BEST FOREIGN Films of 2017
- Michel Gondry on
Christopher Nolan “Thrilled” With ‘Tenet’ Box Office Performance: “Everybody Has To Adapt To A New Reality” have 486 words, post on deadline.com at November 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.