LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – A Southland family is dealing with heartbreaking loss after the death of two young children and their father in a fiery car crash.
“I’m feeling angry. I’m feeling hurt. I’m feeling despair,” said Porsha Bell, Tarlton’s mother, and the children’s grandmother.
Tavea Tarlton and two of his children were killed in a car accident on November 27 in San Bernardino.
Police said the driver appears to have been under the influence and speeding.
23-year-old Brandon Jaquez-Perez of Bloomington was arrested for gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated.
“Drunk drivers and speed racers need to stay home,” Bell said.
According to police, the 31-year-old father and his four young children were in a Toyota Camry driving through the intersection at Kendall and University Parkway when Perez allegedly ran a red light and hit the Camry, causing it to ignite.
Tarlton died at the scene, and his two youngest children, 4-year-old Elizah and 2-year-old Farrow died at the hospital.
8-year-old Dallas and 5-year-old Khamyil survived the crash with moderate to severe injuries.
His wife, their mother, was not in the car at the time.
The family says the couple was dedicated to their family.
“Just an awesome father all the way around,” Bell said. “He knew exactly what they wanted, what they liked, who didn’t want milk, who needed a little extra cheese — that type of father. Very hands-on. That’s why they were all with him then. By choice.”
Porsha Bell says as she mourns, she is also considering joining Mothers Against Drunk Driving to help speak out against drunk driving and prevent similar tragedies.
- Police: Man drove drunk with kids in car, caused fiery crash
- Five dead, including three children, in Texas vehicle crash
- West Philadelphia Residents Fighting Gun Violence After Father Gunned Down In Front Of His Young Children
- 'My daughter is all I have left': Heartbreak of father whose pregnant wife, 23, was killed in front of him by 'DUI driver' who mounted curb - forcing doctors to cut baby from her womb at 35 weeks and rush it to ICU
- 'Railway bosses killed my brother': Heartbroken sister of train driver who died in landslide horror crash blasts ScotRail for 'sending him to his death'
- Good Samaritan helps boy save brother from fiery wreck on I-45
- Why was it allowed on the tracks? Investigators probe ScotRail derailment that killed three a MONTH after experts raised fears over landslips - as four firefighters are among injured and Network Rail begins 'inspections' of high risk sites
- Tesla repeatedly collided with minivan on California highway before hitting pickup truck on the off-ramp and bursting into flames killing 75-year-old man and injuring five others
- Pictured: Train driver, 45, and conductor who were among three killed in horror derailment on 'flood-hit line' in Scotland - four weeks after track operator was warned of dangerous landslips
- Pictured: Father, 62, from Aberdeen who was a passenger on ScotRail train which derailed on 'flood hit line' is named as third victim of tragedy
- 'I have fully recovered, my thoughts are with others': Married father-of-two Coronavirus 'super-spreader' reveals his identity after accidentally infecting 11 people following gas sales conference in Singapore
- Driver, 25, is charged with murder after crashing SUV into 55-year-old and her daughter, 20, before circling the block to hit the mom AGAIN, dragging her under the car and killing her
- Woman screams 'you're a killer' as teen driver walks free over crash death of pal
- Judge slams 18-year-old's parents 'crass' decision to buy him BMW sports car he crashed, causing friend's death just days after passing his driving test
- Portland protester with long rap sheet who is on the run from cops after kicking unconscious a truck driver BEGS people on social media to give him money in case he gets jailed
- Policeman killed by suspect who was applying to his force after his patrol car is rammed
- 'Loving' mum and nurse, 41, killed in M6 crash was 'friend to everyone she met'
- REVEALED: Jacob Blake, 29, is paralyzed from waist down and has 'eight holes in his body', claims his father, after being shot in back by Wisconsin cops in front of his three sons - as new footage shows him brawling with police before shooting
- Hailey Bieber snacks on pickles and talks future children with her husband Justin Bieber: 'They will be raised knowing how to treat people'
- Rhys Jones’s father reveals his son could have been an Everton football hero 13 years after the 11-year-old was shot dead returning from practice
2 Young Children, Father Killed In Fiery Crash By Suspected Intoxicated Driver have 730 words, post on losangeles.cbslocal.com at November 29, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.