It’s a great time to be a sci-fi fan. Science-fiction novels have inspired generations of filmmakers to create fantastic and thought-provoking tales of what might be and what could have been, and along with some great sci-fi books being turned into movies right now, there are plenty of television adaptations in development, too. From celebrated classics like Isaac Asimov’s Foundation to modern tales like Annalee Newitz’s Autonomous, there’s a growing list of sci-fi books and graphic novels being turned into TV series. If you’re looking to get ahead of the curve, there’s no time like the present to pick up a book and get a glimpse at the future, so here’s where to start. Paper Girls By Brian K. Vaughan and Cliff Chiang This clever sci-fi comic book series written by Y: The Last Man scribe Brian K. Vaughan follows a group of 12-year-old girls whose newspaper-delivering job takes a bizarre twist when their small Cleveland town gets caught up in a war between rival factions of time-traveling invaders. The series ran for 30 issues, debuting in 2015 and concluding in July 2019. The same month the series wrapped up, Amazon Studios won a bidding war for the rights to adapt… Read full this story
- Explore the wild world of
- The Hardest Thing I Ever Animated
- Outer space entertainments to share with your kids
- ‘Venom’ Flies To Near $90M; ‘A Star Is Born’ Has Rhythm With $51M As Monday Fall Holidays Propel Box Office
- Celebrity deaths in 2018: Famous faces lost this year from June Whitfield and Paddy Ashdown to George H.W. Bush
- The Most Heartbreaking Teen Star Tragedies
12 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows have 269 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at November 30, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.