Prince William has always been close to his family, and looks to his grandmother, the Queen, and dad Charles for advice and guidence. They have decades of experience negotiating royal situations, tackling difficult diplomatic meetings and controlling family drama. But the Duke of Cambridge also goes to his dad for personal advice – including when he wanted to quit university after just one term. Royal author Robert Lacey claims that uni life wasn’t quite what William expected it to be, saying he “had not anticipated quite how ‘boring’ – his word – life in a small Scottish seaside town could be”. In his new book, Battle of Brothers, he explains that the highlights were “shopping in the local Tesco” while nights out were “clouded” because all the other students were fascinated by him. Lacey also claims that the prince wasn’t enjoying his course, history of art. Unhappy, he came home for all but two of the weekends in his first term and was ready to leave by Christmas. Never miss a Royal moment Keep up to date with all the latest news from the Queen, Charles, Wiliaml, Kate, Harry, Meghan, George, Charlotte, Louis and the rest of the family. We’ll… Read full this story
- Prince William fires off paparazzi in angry letter for hounding Kate Middleton
- Why Prince Philip isn't King, but Kate Middleton will be Queen when William takes throne
- Kate Middleton will stay with her parents Carole and Mike Middleton for Easter weekend - but will she attend Sunday's royal service?
- Kate Middleton's mother Carole confirms exciting news about husband Michael
- Prince William jokes about his bodyguards during visit to Battersea
- Kate Middleton 'saved' Prince William by making him feel important and introducing him to her 'normal family' after his 'dysfunctional upbringing', royal expert claims
- Kate Middleton 'saved' Prince William and 'spends whole life making him happy'
- 'You're needed now more than ever:' Prince William and Kate Middleton praise student nurses and say that starting work placements in a pandemic must've been 'baptism by fire' during video call
- Kate Middleton 'sad' it's taken Covid pandemic for public to support frontline workers
- Most popular royal photos of the year revealed: Snap of Prince William on a garden swing with George, Charlotte and Louis is the most 'liked' of 2020 - and the Cambridge children dominate the top 10
Prince William's life-changing chat with Charles that shaped Kate Middleton romance have 380 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at October 24, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.