A woman wearing a “Shed the Mask” T-shirt filmed herself crying in a grocery store in Texas when she was refused service for not wearing a mask.Though she claims she cannot wear a mask due to mental health reasons, she later cited a conspiracy theory shared by President Trump that claims only 9,000 people have died from COVID-19 in the U.S. as a reason for not wearing a mask.The woman, identified as Katie Bug, says she was shopping at an H-E-B store in Cedar Park, north of Austin, when customers “harassed” her for not wearing a mask. Bug said that she was not allowed to check out after complaining to a manager about the other customers.In the video, which has been shared on Twitter and Reddit, Bug says: “I have anxiety and PTSD and [the customers] were berating me about not wearing a mask even though I told them I had a medical exemption.”Newsweek subscription offers >H-E-B requires its customers to wear masks or face coverings, even in areas where there are no local guidelines, though it does make exceptions for people with health issues.Martin Otto, H-E-B chief operating officer, said in a statement: “As an essential service provider at… Read full this story
- 'Wild pack of Karens' accuse grocery store of 'committing WAR CRIMES' for denying them entry because they refused to put on face masks
- Did Obama Wiretap Trump? No, But It Was Just One Of The President And GOP's Top Conspiracy Theories In 2017
- Winn-Dixie Face Mask Policy: Grocery Stores to Require Masks From Next Week
- Only 3 of the Country's 10 Largest Grocery Stores Require Masks
- CDC issues dire warning that America will see the worst fall in history for public health if people don't wear masks and social distance as the US records nearly 1,500 new deaths - the highest daily spike since May
- 'Trumpster, Just Leave': Grocery Store Employees Berate Customer for Not Wearing Mask Properly
- 'He will tear down democracy to win.' Barack Obama flames Donald Trump for narcissism, conspiracy theories, corruption and laziness and calls his presidency a 'reality show for the attention he craves' as he pleads with people to vote for Joe Biden
- 64-Year-Old Woman Says She Was Punched For Wearing Mask, Supporting Biden
- Woman Refuses to Wear Mask in Grocery Store Confrontation: You'll 'Get Shot Outside This Parking Lot'
- Donald Trump tweets insults calling Kamala Harris 'camel laugh' as Jared Kushner refuses to shoot down birther conspiracy theory promoted by the president
Woman Cites Trump-touted Conspiracy Theory for Refusing to Wear Mask in Grocery Store have 408 words, post on www.newsweek.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.