Hamilton led home Mercedes teammate Valtteri Bottas for a one-two finish as Alexander Albon scored his maiden podium finish, capitalising on a race of attrition that saw just 12 cars finish.Despite losing the lead of the race at the start, Hamilton managed to grab the advantage back from Bottas following the first red flag period, and then keep his cool to record his sixth win of the season in dominant fashion.It sees Hamilton extend his lead in the F1 drivers’ championship to 55 points with eight races remaining this season, after picking up the bonus point for the fastest lap late on. The start saw Bottas make a better getaway than pole-sitter Hamilton to grab the lead into Turn 1, as Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc moved up to third after Max Verstappen fell back into the pack, reporting a lack of power. Verstappen’s race lasted just one more corner after he was struck from behind by Kimi Raikkonen, sending the Red Bull into the gravel and out of the race. Italian Grand Prix winner Pierre Gasly’s race also ended at Turn 2 following a clash with Raikkonen prior to the Alfa Romeo’s contact with Verstappen, resulting in the safety car being… Read full this story
- Lewis Hamilton wins Mexico GP but is forced to wait on championship victory
- Lewis Hamilton wins Mexican GP but is forced to wait on championship victory
- How can Lewis Hamilton win sixth F1 Drivers' Championship at Mexican Grand Prix?
- Yes Yes Yes wins The Everest horse race, scoops record US$4.8 million prize
- Hamilton wins Mexican GP, but waits for sixth title
- Denny Hamlin wins pole for playoff race at Martinsville
- Lewis Hamilton wins Mexican GP but must wait for F1 title
- Hamilton wins F1 Mexican GP but must wait for title win
- Hamilton wins in Mexico but must wait for sixth F1 title
- Pressestimmen zum Mexiko-GP: "Hamilton versenkt Ferrari"
Tuscan GP: Hamilton wins crash-filled Mugello race have 319 words, post on www.motorsport.com at September 13, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.