EXCLUSIVE: After playing Magic Johnson’s father for Adam McKay in the upcoming HBO Los Angeles Lakers series, Rob Morgan has been tapped for McKay’s next feature film, joining Jennifer Lawrence in Netflix’s Don’t Look Up. McKay will write, direct and co-produce along with Kevin Messick under McKay’s Hyperobject Industries Banner. The film follows two low-level astronomers who embark on a media tour to warn mankind of an approaching asteroid that will destroy planet Earth. “I had the pleasure of working with Rob Morgan on our HBO Lakers show and instantly knew he was someone I had to work with again,” McKay said. “Rob’s got a presence that’s both commanding as hell yet down to earth. Thrilled he agreed to do ‘Don’t Look Up’ with us.” On the film front, he was most recently seen in Apple+ Greyhound, Universal’s The Photograph and Warner Bros. Just Mercy. He also has strong ties to Netflix starting with his breakout role in Netflix’s Oscar-nominated Mudbound as well as the upcoming untitled Graham King project that also stars Sandra Bullock. He also has the Lee Daniels pic The United States vs. Billie Holiday coming up. He is repped by CAA, Authentic Talent and Literary Management, and attorney… Read full this story
- Jennifer Lawrence and New Boyfriend Cooke Maroney Walk Arm-in-Arm in New York City
- Jennifer Lawrence Set to Play Theranos CEO Elizabeth Holmes in Upcoming Film
- Martin Scorsese, Guillermo del Toro, Jennifer Lawrence announced for Tribeca Film Festival's talks lineup
- Jennifer Lawrence Slams Gender Wage Gap in Candid Essay: 'I'm Over Trying to Find the "Adorable" Way to State My Opinion'
- Jennifer Lawrence: whip-smart and witty star who likes a good fight
- Jennifer Lawrence Trips on Cone, Falls on Oscars Red Carpet
- Who wore it best? Tom Ford's backless zip dress is celebrity hit as Kim Kardashian and Jennifer Lawrence step out in racy design
- See Inside Jennifer Lawrence's New York City Penthouse, Now Listed for $12 Million
- Jennifer Lawrence Brings New Boyfriend Cooke Maroney to Her Ex Nicholas Hoult's Film Premiere
- Jennifer Lawrence Beams at New Boyfriend Cooke Maroney on Romantic Dinner Date in N.Y.C.
Rob Morgan Set To Co-Star Opposite Jennifer Lawrence in Adam McKay And Netflix’s ‘Don’t Look Up’ have 365 words, post on deadline.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.