The coronavirus infection rate in New York state has remained below 1 percent for 30 consecutive days, New York Gov. Andrew CuomoAndrew CuomoSymone Sanders warns of ‘K-shaped’ economic recovery benefiting wealthy Scarborough calls on Cuomo to walk back statement he made about Trump: ‘Out of bounds’ EPA chief, pushing for second Trump term, outlines vision for agency MORE (D) announced Sunday, a significant milestone for a state that was once the epicenter of the outbreak in the U.S. The announcement came as New York continues to move ahead with a gradual reopening of its economy. Cuomo, however, struck a cautious note while revealing new data on the virus, saying that New Yorkers needed to continue following health guidelines and social-distancing practices in order to keep the infection rate low.”We know based on experience that an incremental, data-driven reopening is the best way to protect the health and safety of all New Yorkers,” Cuomo said. “As this virus continues to be a national crisis, it’s clear that caution is a virtue, not a vice.”ADVERTISEMENT”Our actions today determine the rate of infection tomorrow, so as the Labor Day weekend continues, I urge everyone to be smart so we don’t see a spike in the weeks… Read full this story
- Australia on track to record no new local COVID-19 cases for second straight day
- Petrol, diesel prices at fresh highs as rates up for 2nd straight day
- COVID Positivity Rates In New York Drop, New Vaccination Sites Continue To Open
- Indoor Dining Resumes At New York City Restaurants, Gov. Cuomo Extends Curfew Statewide
- Andrew Yang Wants to Be New York City's 'Evangelist and Cheerleader in Chief'
- New York governor closes schools in COVID-19 hot spots
- New York COVID-19 hospitalisations drop to month low: Governor
- Indoor Dining Returns To New York City Restaurants, Though Some Owners Say It’s Not Enough
- How Long Has Andrew Cuomo Been New York Governor and When Is He Up For Re-election?
- Five things to watch in the New York City mayoral race
New York infection rate stays below 1 percent for 30 straight days have 330 words, post on thehill.com at September 7, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.