Co-owner of the New York Giants John Mara revealed he will support players that choose to kneel during the National Anthem.However, Mara also claimed his “preference” is for the Giants players to stand during a discussion with reporters Thursday, according to Giants Wire. “My preference is that everybody stand, but if you decide in your conscience that kneeling is the right thing to do, I’m going to support your right to do that because I believe in the First Amendment,” Mara said, according to the outlet. “I believe in the right of people, especially the players, to take a knee in silent protest if that’s what they want to do.” (RELATED: REPORT: NFL Could Do Away With Live National Anthem Performances Due To Coronavirus) “My position back in 2017 is the same as it is now,” he reportedly added.The Giants have started a community charity campaign called #TogetherBlue. The NFL team has partnered with nine different local organizations that help in areas of poverty, homelessness, education, substance abuse, criminal justice and police-community relations. John Mara prefers that everyone stands for the national anthem, but he supports his players if they choose not to: “I support any player’s right to engage… Read full this story
- Bernard Madoff, mastermind of giant Ponzi scheme, dies in US prison aged 82
- Staying at home during Covid-19 outbreak: How to plan activities with your kids, and take 'sanity breaks'
- The 56 best shows to see on Netflix
- Now Is Our Last Best Chance to Confront the Climate Crisis
- Televisa-Univision Execs On Plans For “Harmonized” Global Spanish-Language OTT Service
- Golden Bridge in Da Nang tops the list of fresh wonders of the world
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS APRIL 14
New York Giants Owner John Mara Says His ‘Preference’ Is Players Standing For National Anthem, But Will Support Kneeling have 278 words, post on dailycaller.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.