(Subscribe to our Today’s Cache newsletter for a quick snapshot of top 5 tech stories. Click here to subscribe for free.)
Intel unveiled new 11th Gen Intel Core Processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics for PCs. The next-generation processors are designed for improved productivity, content creation, gaming, entertainment, and collaboration.
"11th Gen Intel Core processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics are a major leap forward in real-world processor performance and are the best laptop processors we have built," Gregory Bryant, Intel Executive Vice President, said.
The next-generation mobile processors are built on Intel's 10nm SuperFin process using the new Willow Cove architecture, which includes new CPU and GPU optimization and capabilities, greater AI acceleration, and faster connectivity, Intel said in a statement.
The processors code-named "Tiger Lake," are capable of speeds up to 4.8 GHz offering improved power efficiency. The new Iris Xe graphics deliver an immersive content experience, while improving system-level power by approximately 20% versus the previous generation, it added.
The next-generation mobile processors are built on Intel's 10nm SuperFin process. | Photo Credit: Intel
Thunderbolt 4 integration enables up to four ports for connecting external peripherals, and single-cable access to fast-charging, external monitors and extended storage. Also, there is support for 8K HDR displays and up to four simultaneous 4K HDR displays.
Additional enhancements include improved audio with background noise suppression via Intel Gaussian and Neural Accelerator 2.0 (Intel GNA), AI-accelerated background blur and video super-resolution, and integrated Intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+).
Intel also introduced the Intel Evo platform for laptop designs verified to the second-edition specification and key experiences indicators (KEIs) of the Project Athena innovation program.
The KEIs targets (are minimums), include consistent responsiveness on battery; system wake from sleep in less than 1 second; nine or more hours of real-world battery life and fast charging with up to a four-hour charge in under 30 minutes on systems with FHD displays.
All Intel Evo platform designs are powered by 11th Gen Intel Core i7 or i5 processors with Intel Iris Xe graphics, devices featuring the Intel Evo badge are verified to be the best laptops for getting things done, Intel said.
Intel's also revealed its new logo alongside the next-generation processors.
"My aspiration for the new Intel brand is to capture and convey both our business and cultural evolution through a simplified, focused platform that supports our 2030 ambitions while staying true to our history," Karen Walker, Chief Marketing Officer at Intel, said.
More than 150 designs based on 11th Gen Intel Core processors are expected, including over 20 verified under Intel Evo, from Acer, Asus, Dell, Dynabook, HP, LG, Lenovo, MSI, Razer, and Samsung, according to Intel.
- Apple unveils new iPad Air and iPad mini 5 with Apple Pencil support in surprise announcement
- Sycamore Chamber of Commerce unveils new logo after 103 years
- Kerrygold becomes first Irish food brand to exceed €1bn in annual retail sales
- Liverpool unveil stylish new kit with brand new shirt sponsor
- New MacBook Pro 2019 release date – new ’16inch laptop coming in April’
- Man Utd's new home kit 'leaked' for 2019/20
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Fold, a foldable phone with a 7-inch Infinity Flex Display
- Yorkshire Agricultural Society unveils radical new look for modern era
- Aer Lingus is setting a mood with new onboard LED lighting to fight jet-lag
- East Yorkshire unveils modern changes coming to its new buses
- An Post launch new branding after strong 2018
- Tait Walker reveals new name and new brand amid growth plans
- Albania has unveiled a contender for world's worst tourism slogan
- Albania has unveiled a contender for the world's worst tourism slogan
- Hall in the market for new operator
- The special moment Arsenal founder has grave unveiled in Cov
- Cut the cord: 4 of the best new earbuds
- Cut the cord: Five of the best new earbuds
- Cool, new classicism hits homes
- Seat announces new Leon Cupra R ST
Intel unveils new 11th Gen chipsets, a new brand logo have 647 words, post on www.thehindu.com at September 3, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.