The unfounded rumors that “antifa” are responsible for the wildfires in California and Oregon appears to stem from posts on Twitter and Facebook, alleging that members of a loosely connected network of anti-fascist protesters had come to the small town of Molalla, Oregon to commit arson. They were bolstered by a post from the Molalla Police Department on Wednesday urging individuals in the region to report “suspicious activity” to 911 based on rumors of looting in the area. The Molalla Police Department later edited the post to clarify that it was not referring to antifa, and BuzzFeed News later reported that the two individuals suspected of being “antifa” were actually photographers who had come to the region to photograph wildfires. Multiple police departments have also refuted the claim, including the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, which posted on Thursday, “Rumors spread just like wildfire and now our dispatchers and professional staff are being overrun with requests for information and inquiries on an UNTRUE rumor that Antifa members have been arrested for setting fires in Douglas County, Oregon. THIS IS NOT TRUE!” Related The Feds Say They Tried to Arrest Portland Protest Murder Suspect Michael Reinoehl ‘Peacefully.’ A New Eyewitness Describes a… Read full this story
- Case registered for spreading false information
- US plans reimagine fighting wildfires amid crews’ virus risk
- Latest LeBron James Free Agency Rumors: Will Philadelphia 76ers End Up With Cavs Star?
- Rival sides in Cyprus join to fight wildfire in north
- Scores of rights lawyers arrested after nationwide swoop in China
- California Wildfire 2019: Record Temperatures Hit West Coast, Yolo Valley Sand Fire Spreads to 2,500 Acres
- Arizona Wildfire Which Sparked Evacuation of Park Caused by Humans
- Wildfire plan approved with 435 miles of Idaho fuel breaks
- Mendocino Complex blaze is now largest wildfire in California history
- California Sand Fire Spreads Across 1800 Acres, 500 Firefighters Battle Yolo County Blaze
How the Right Spread a False Rumor About Antifa and Wildfires have 311 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at September 11, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.