CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Democrat Dan Feltes started his gubernatorial campaign Wednesday promising to prove the pundits wrong and defeat Republican Gov. Chris Sununu in November. Feltes, the state Senate majority leader, defeated Executive Councilor Andru Volinsky, a fellow attorney best known for representing struggling communities in a landmark education funding lawsuit in the 1990s. But Feltes cast himself as the true champion of working families, citing his early career work as a legal aid attorney. “I don’t come from a political family and I am not running for governor out of some sense of entitlement,” he said. “I am running for governor to get things done for the working people and working families — they need someone in the corner now, more than ever.” ADVERTISEMENT With the coronavirus changing not only how candidates campaigned but how ballots were cast, voters also chose nominees for Congress, state Legislature and county positions Tuesday. U.S. Sen. Jeanne Shaheen will face Republican Corky Messner The Democratic gubernatorial primary had been too early to call until Wednesday morning, though Feltes claimed victory Tuesday night. He insisted he could beat Sununu, despite the governor’s popularity. A recent Granite State Poll conducted by the UNH Survey… Read full this story
- New Hampshire History
- Homes For Sale New Hampshire
- Payroll New Hampshire, Unique Aspects of New Hampshire Payroll Law and Practice
- New Hampshire Lawyers
- New Hampshire: A Quirky Little State with a Lot to Offer
- The Fable - of: Big-Chest (Epitaph: The Legend Behind: Mystery Hill - New Hampshire))
- College Football Marquee Match-ups
- Pinnacle Offers Fantasy Football Match-ups
- Anger In American-How Do We Match Up?
- Serving Up a New Career: The Best Kept Secret to Charting a New Course
General election match-ups set in New Hampshire have 277 words, post on apnews.com at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.