President Donald Trump admitted on Wednesday he downplayed the threat of the coronavirus in order not to cause panic after excerpts from a forthcoming book made the bombshell revelation that he knew how deadly the pandemic could be even as he said it would go away. ‘I’m a cheerleader for this country. I love this country. I don’t want people to be frightened. I don’t want to create panic,’ he told reporters at the White House. ‘Certainly I’m not going to drive this country or the world into a frenzy. We want to show confidence. We want to show strength, we want to show strength as a nation. That’s what I’ve done,’ he added ‘Leadership is about confidence. Confidence is confidence in our country,’ he noted. His admission comes after excerpts appeared from Bob Woodward’s forthcoming book on the Trump administration, where, in recorded interviews, the president spoke privately about the deadly nature of the coronavirus even as he was publicly downplaying the severity of COVID-19. In recorded interviews that were revealed Wednesday afternoon, Trump – who regularly speaks of his disdain for much of the ‘fake news’ media – spoke liberally with Woodward about his inner-thoughts on the virus and private conversations… Read full this story
- Trump admits he has copy of the Khashoggi execution audio but doesn't want to listen to it, as he says CIA claims Saudi Crown Prince had journalist killed are 'very premature'
- Everyone who has been fired by Donald Trump or quit since he became president
- White House's former top Russian aide savages Donald Trump's defenders in impeachment testimony saying their claim Ukraine interfered in 2016 election is a Vladimir Putin lie designed to 'destroy the faith of American people in our democracy'
- The Original Donald Trump
- Read Michael Cohen's Testimony Calling Donald Trump a 'Racist' and 'Con Man' in Full
- 'Testify under oath!' Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer DARE Donald Trump to show up at his own impeachment hearing as House speaker says president's behavior is 'so much worse' than Richard Nixon's
- Tony Kushner: Why I’m Writing a Play About Donald Trump
- White House's former top Russia adviser to testify on final day of scheduled impeachment hearings after Donald Trump's EU ambassador Gordon Sondland's day of bombshells including saying there WAS a quid pro quo
- Carson Kressley on Bullying, Coming Out, Botox, the LGBT Legacy of ‘Queer Eye,’ and Knowing Donald Trump
- ‘Silent Donation’: Corporate Emails Reveal Google Executives’ Efforts to Turn Out Latino Voters Who They Thought Would Vote for Clinton
Donald Trump ADMITS he downplayed coronavirus after bombshell Bob Woodward tapes reveal he KNEW it was deadly saying he didn't want to 'cause panic' - and claims he was trying to 'show strength in the nation' have 417 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at September 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.