Bill Murray and his legal team have countered The Doobie Brothers hilarious cease and desist with more humor. The classic rock band have asked Murray to stop using their music in his ugly golf shirt commercials after not seeking permission to do so. The band’s manager Peter T. Paterno decided not to threaten legal action and chose to go a humorous route instead, which seems to have entertained Murray and his reps. You can read a portion of the response letter below, which is filled with Doobie Brothers references. “Dear Mr. Paterno, Our firm represents W.M. Golf, Inc., d/b/a ‘William Murray Golf.’ First, I would like to compliment you on finding levity in the law at a time when the world and this country certainly could use a laugh. Your client’s demand was able to cut through the noise of the news cycle and remind us how much we all miss live music these days. We would also like to confirm that both our firm, and the good folks at William Murray Golf, are indeed fans of the Doobie Brothers’ music, which is why we appreciate your firm’s choice of ‘Takin’ It to the Streets,’ rather than to the courts,… Read full this story
- The Doobie Brothers, Wild n Out & More Coming To McKinney-Frisco Area
- The Doobie Brothers, Baby Shark Live! & More: Big-Name Events Near Limerick-Royersford-Spring City
- Daft Punk’s ‘Random Access Memories’ Channels Fleetwood Mac, Doobie Brothers
- Google responds to fan complaints around lack of solid Stadia announcements
- Google responds to Stadia complaints, says it's 'up to the publishers' to announce games
- Saturday Night’s Children: Brian Doyle-Murray (1979-1980; 1981-1982)
- Nosferatu is golf’s Olympic rankings guru. Who is he?
- Ola gets pulled into 'free speech' debate following passenger complaint on driver's behaviour
- Channel 4 bosses 'planning Celebrity Big Brother revival with controversial stars'
- Somerset Green offers reimagined Inner-Loop living
Bill Murray Responds to Doobie Brothers Complaint by Offering Up Some 'Ugly Golf Shirts' have 321 words, post on movieweb.com at September 26, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.