(CNN)With his administration engulfed in controversy over cuts to the post office and slowdowns in mail delivery, President Donald Trump spent Saturday golfing and tweeting about baseless conspiracy theories as more than two dozen House Republicans defied him and joined Democrats to vote for a $25 billion infusion for the Postal Service. Though the legislation is not likely to get anywhere in the Republican-held Senate under Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s iron hand, the debacle involving one of America’s most beloved institutions has shown the limits of Trump’s strategy three months before voters decide whether to reelect him. On the eve of the Republican National Convention, when many in the GOP would like to see the President stick to the script and broaden his appeal to middle-of-the-road voters, Trump appears far from the reset he’ll need this week. Just as the President wants to go on the offensive, he’s been dealing with a series of new unwelcome controversies, from the arrest of his former strategist Steve Bannon to revelations late Saturday about unflattering comments his sister made about him to his niece, Mary Trump. Maryanne Trump Barry bitterly criticized her brother, President Donald Trump, saying, “Donald’s out for Donald,” and appeared… Read full this story
- Woman Cites Trump-touted Conspiracy Theory for Refusing to Wear Mask in Grocery Store
- Republican Congressman Says GOP 'Embarrassing,' Calls on Party to 'Denounce' Trump's 'Conspiracy Theories'
- What's REALLY behind conspiracy theories?
- Q and the ABCs of spreading conspiracy theories
- Will Trump Become Conspiracy Theorist in Chief?
- JFK Assassination Conspiracy Theories Might Worsen With New Records Of President's Death
- Company debunks conspiracy theory that its server showed a landslide for Trump
- US Health Expert Fauci Says Time to ‘Get Rid of These Ridiculous Conspiracy Theories’ About COVID-19
- An Ex-Fox News Commentator Is Backing Away from the Seth Rich Conspiracy Theories
- Debunking the absurd conspiracy theory that Kamala Harris will take over as president
Trump pushes conspiracy theories as House rebukes his handling of the USPS have 317 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 23, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.