Welcome to The Hill’s Convention Report, your daily rundown on all the latest news during the Democratic and Republican National Conventions. Did someone forward this to you? Click here to subscribe.We’re Julia Manchester, Max Greenwood and Jonathan Easley. Here’s what we’re watching today on the convention front.LEADING THE DAY:ADVERTISEMENTHours after President TrumpDonald John TrumpHillary Clinton responds to Chrissy Teigen tweet: ‘I love you back’ Police called after Florida moms refuse to wear face masks at school board meeting about mask policy Supreme Court rejects Trump effort to shorten North Carolina mail-ballot deadline MORE decried civil unrest in American cities while accepting the GOP nomination from the South Lawn of the White House, protesters gathered on the National Mall to call for an end to police brutality and racial inequality in the United States.The gathering, dubbed the Commitment March, drew thousands to the Lincoln Memorial, where Martin Luther King Jr. gave his iconic “I Have a Dream” speech 57 years ago to the day. During the march, speaker after speaker called on lawmakers to take action on police reform legislation.The gathering at times also seemed to be a symbolic rebuttal to the Republican National Convention, which wrapped up Thursday with Trump railing against what he… Read full this story
- Some Trump allies were in Ukraine for profits, not politics
- The Finance 202: Trump buys Chinese line on tariffs
- Trump's handling of Saudi Arabia and the Khashoggi case is alienating him from his biggest allies in Congress
- Trump and Pence give surprise addresses at anti-abortion March for Life
- Your Vote 2018: Why activists say political conventions are worth it
- Trump slams drugmakers, promises to act on increased prices
- Two Princes: How a secret meeting signaled the UAE’s pull in Trump’s D.C.
- Schumer, Pelosi and Trump play nice on infrastructure
- AP FACT CHECK: Trump's mixed signals on immigration, NKorea
- Now a candidate, Romney appears to embrace Trump presidency
The Hill's Campaign Report: Thousands gather on National Mall after Trump decries 'agitators' | GOP convention attendees in Charlotte test positive for COVID-19 | Faith leaders back Biden have 316 words, post on thehill.com at August 28, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.