The Venice Film Festival has revealed the array of coronavirus protocols it will enforce at this year’s event, which is due to get underway in just over two weeks. Scroll down for the measures in full. Venice is set to be the first major festival to stage a physical edition since early March. However, amid travel restrictions and new outbreaks across Europe, Asia and the Americas, international attendance is expected to be considerably lower than previous editions. Many industry professionals we have spoken to – including those who have already booked elements of their journey – are still weighing up their attendance in light of how quickly travel advice and restrictions are changing. Venice is usually a launch-pad for Oscar movies but this year’s lineup is thin on American studio fare due to the pandemic. Impressively, the event has managed to maintain a sizeable program of global arthouse movies. Related Story Venice Film Festival Adds Luca Guadagnino Pandemic-Themed Short & School Shooting Thriller ‘Run Hide Fight’ Italy has managed to avoid a second wave to date, but in recent weeks coronavirus cases have been spiking across Europe with Spain, France and Belgium among the worst affected. The UK today re-introduced… Read full this story
- The Woman Who Left wins Venice film festival as Nocturnal Animals runnerup
- Gwyneth Paltrow pretty in pink Prada at Venice Film Festival Contagion premiere
- Venice Film Festival 2012: Highlights from previous years
- Venice Film Festival 2012: Naomi Watts and Kate Hudson arrive ahead of the opening ceremony
- Gwyneth Paltrow shares her Venice Film Festival diary
- Venice Film Festival 2012: Blonde beauties reign
- George Clooney arrives at Venice Film festival by boat with Cindy Crawford
- Toronto film festival organisers predict awards glory for La La Land movie
- Cruises Through Toronto Film Festival, Takes Home This Year’s People’s Choice Award
- Cannes Film Festival 2019 – what are the dates, when does it finish and how much are tickets?
Swabs, Tracing & Socially Distanced Red Carpets: The Covid Protocols Guests Can Expect At The Venice Film Festival have 320 words, post on deadline.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.