The NBA’s restart inside a restricted bubble at Disney World, which has proceeded smoothly for more than a month without any positive coronavirus tests, came to a screeching halt on Thursday (NZ time). The Milwaukee Bucks refused to take the court for a playoff game against the Orlando Magic to protest the police shooting of Jacob Blake in Kenosha, Wisconsin. The league announced the cancellation of all three games scheduled for Thursday as a result, including the game featuring NZ’s Steven Adams and his Oklahoma City Tunder sider against the Houston Rockets. The unprecedented decision to postpone the games was quickly followed by a similar decision by the Women’s National Basketball Association, which cancelled its scheduled games across the state in Bradenton. In Milwaukee, the Brewers announced they would not play their Major League Baseball game Wednesday night (US time) against the Cincinnati Reds. The Seattle Mariners’ game against the San Diego Padres was also postponed. Major League Soccer players joined the protest, boycotting five of six scheduled matches. Tennis got involved also with fourth-seeded Naomi Osaka reaching the semifinals of the Western & Southern Open and then withdrew a few hours later in a call for racial justice. The… Read full this story
- Steven Adams on blind screen: Damian Lillard has to 'talk to his big about that'
- Brad Stevens: Boston Celtics have not had an easy year, but players are excited about opportunity to reset
- NBA playoffs: How will the Warriors adjust without Kevin Durant?
- Warriors vs. Raptors NBA Finals Game 4
- SPORTS DIGEST: NBA Playoffs look just fine without LeBron
- 2019 NBA playoffs: Series is there for Pacers, no one to blame but themselves
- Nuggets vs. Blazers Game 1 live blog: Real time updates from the NBA playoffs
- Raptors are new to the NBA finals, but not their players
- Sunday's NBA playoffs: Celtics sweep Pacers to reach East semis
- Westbrook, George continue to struggle in playoffs
Steven Adams' OKC join boycott as NBA playoff games called off amid player protest have 313 words, post on www.stuff.co.nz at August 27, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.