(CNN)New Jersey Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy is expected to announce as soon as Friday that the state’s November election will be conducted largely through mail-in ballots, a source familiar with the move confirmed to CNN. The expected announcement will make New Jersey — which conducted its primaries almost entirely by mail — the latest state to expand mail-in voting for the presidential election in response to the novel coronavirus. Due to the pandemic, voting by mail is becoming an increasingly popular option since many voters may prefer not to wait in long lines at polling stations. If Murphy announces that all registered voters will automatically be mailed ballots, New Jersey will become the ninth state — plus Washington, DC — to have that system of voting for the November election. News of the planned announcement, which was first reported by the New Jersey Globe, comes the same day that President Donald Trump said he opposes much-needed funding for the Postal Service because he doesn’t want to see it used for mail-in voting this November. During an interview on Fox Business, Trump said that if the Postal Service does not receive the additional $25 billion funding request that Democrats have included… Read full this story
- New Jersey Governor Signs Marijuana Legalization Into Law
- New Jersey Organization Says Parents’ Need For Assistance With Diapers Is Greater Than Ever Due To Pandemic
- What New Jersey's Marijuana Legalization Means in Practice for Residents
- New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy Signs Laws To Set Up Marijuana Marketplace, Loosens Drug Penalties
- EXPLAINER: What Can, Can’t You Do With Cannabis In New Jersey Now?
- New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy Signs Law Legalizing Marijuana Use
- Blunder road! Bruce Springsteen was arrested for DWI and reckless driving in his home state of New Jersey back in November - as he appears in that Super Bowl driving ad for Jeep!
- Marijuana In New Jersey: Holdup On Legalization Centers On Dispute Over Minors’ Possession Penalties
- California governor extends all-mail voting through a potential recall
- Gov. Murphy Signs Bills Legalizing Recreational Marijuana For Adults, Decriminalizing Possession Of Small Amounts In New Jersey
New Jersey to adopt mail-in voting for November, source says have 341 words, post on edition.cnn.com at August 14, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.