The trailer for Naseeruddin Shah starrer upcoming film, Mee Raqsam has dropped online. The film, directed by Baba Azmi and produced by Shabana Azmi, is a homage to their father and poet Kaifi Azmi. The story is about a father’s unconditional support for his daughter as fight religious fundamentalism and patriarchy in the latter’s pursuit of classical dance. The trailer shows Danish Hussain playing the father who wants his daughter to learn Bharatnatyam but faces opposition from his community. Naseeruddin Shah plays an intimidating community leader who warns the father about breaking of rules that should be abided by. But the father is seen supporting his daughter nonetheless as neighbours and society mock him for disrespecting his religion. He sticks to his beliefs that his religion cannot be hurt by his child wanting to dance. Talking about the film, Shabana Azmi said in a statement, “It is the first film I am presenting and is a homage to our father Kaifi Azmi who was one of the torch bearers of India’s composite culture which the film celebrates. It is an inspiring tale about a father standing resolutely behind his young daughter’s desire to dance. In these dark times, Mee Raqsam… Read full this story
- Karan Johar feels that Sohum Shah starrer 'Tumbbad' is relentless
- This Father-Daughter Duo Had the Ultimate Bikepacking Adventure—On an E-Bike
- People Are Freaking Out About This Father-Daughter Pole-Dancing Duo—What Do You Think?
- Alternate Universe 'Star Wars' Trailer Brings Ralph McQuarrie's Vision To Life
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance Spike VGAs trailer brings the cyborg ninja action
- The Legend of Tarzan trailer brings the Lord of the Jungle home again
- How Shah Rukh Khan, Zeeshan Ayyub revived their close camaraderie in 'Zero'
- Dad gets adorably interrupted by daughter mid-way through YouTube engineering video
- Shah Rukh Khan: I am no fluke... but I am an extremely flawed star
- Happy Birthday, Shah Rukh Khan: Top 10 highest-grossing films of the Badshah of Bollywood
Naseeruddin Shah Starrer Mee Raqsam Trailer Brings To Fore The Father-Daughter Emotional Bond have 332 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at August 8, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.