Despite being postponed until October this year, Amazon’s big blowout sale is finally landing and bringing with it a truckload of sweet, sweet Prime Day deals. Prime Day is already one of the best times of the year to score juicy discounts on all sorts of stuff, and it looks as if the sale itself might be extended awhile longer to make up for the delay — which means that if you’re after some gaming bargains, you might just have some extra opportunities to find them. We can give you an extra leg up, too: Below, we’ve got all the best early and ongoing Prime Day gaming deals along with everything you need to know about how to shop the sale.
Today’s best Prime Day gaming deals
Even if Prime Day hasn’t arrived yet, it’s never too early to shop for deals. The fact that Prime Day lands in the fall this year means that it also sits neatly between back-to-school and holiday sales, and there are plenty of discounts waiting to be snatched up if you know where to look (and in the run-up to Prime Day, there’s no reason to limit yourself to just Amazon, either). Here are a few of the best ones available now from Amazon and other retailers:
- — $10, was $40
- — $18, was $40
- — $20, was $40
- — $20, was $25
- — $35, was $50
- — $40, was $60
- — $50, was $80
- Gigabyte Aorus KD25F 24.5-Inch 240Hz FreeSync Gaming Monitor — $300 with rebate, was $400
- — $350, was $385
- — $1,305, was $1,600
When are the best Prime Day gaming deals?
Even if it’s being extended this year (if rumors are true, that is), the Prime Day sale is still a pretty short event and Amazon tends to save the best deals for the sale itself. Nevertheless, Amazon likes to toss out some early deals during the week before Prime Day to entice shoppers. These early Prime Day gaming deals are likely to be no less impressive than the ones you’ll see during the actual sale, so if you see one you like, jump on it. You might not find it at that price again — if it even goes on sale again at all.
What Prime Day gaming deals to expect
Big blowouts like Prime Day offer the best chances during the year to score big items, such as gaming consoles, at a discount. However, we expect to see a ton of games and accessories on sale as well, so now’s also a good time to grab some controllers, headsets, or other peripherals. If you already have your hardware needs covered, then the best Prime Day gaming deals to look for are going to be on games themselves, and you can easily rack up a ton of savings quickly by stacking a bundle of discounted titles. If you have a backlog of recent releases you’ve been meaning to play but have been waiting for the price to drop, now’s the best time to grab them if you’re a Prime member.
The Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch have all been out for quite a few years, and so all are likely to offer some of the biggest discounts among this year’s Prime Day gaming deals (the single unfortunate exception to this might be the Nintendo Switch, which has seemingly been out of stock everywhere for the bulk of 2020). This is especially true now with the new Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5 coming down the pipe this holiday season. Retailers, Amazon included, will be looking to make room for next-gen consoles and will thus be eager to move older inventory, making now the perfect opportunity to grab one of those last-gen consoles on the cheap.
Digital Trends may earn commission on products purchased through our links, which supports the work we do for our readers.
- Nintendo Switch Prime Day price cut: Animal Crossing Edition, bundles and more deals
- Best Black Friday Bike deals 2021: What to expect, including discounts on Cannondale and Specialized
- Prime Day Funko Pop deals: save up to 55% on Funko figures
- Amazon Black Friday deals 2021: When will the sale start and what discounts to expect
- Best Cyber Monday Deals 2021: What to Expect | Digital Trends
- List of the Best Tablets You Can Buy in 2021 | Digital Trends
- The 21 Best Horror Shows to Stream for Halloween | Digital Trends
- Amazon Black Friday sale 2021: The best early deals
- Best Black Friday deals 2021: What to expect in this year’s sale bonanza
- Amazon Black Friday sale 2021: Best early deals for UK and US shoppers
- The best iPhone deals you can get in November 2021
- Eagles finally trade Zach Ertz, plus NFL Week 6 picks, best bets and recapping Buccaneers' win over Eagles
- The Best Smartphones for 2021 | Digital Trends
- The 29 Best Sci-Fi Movies on Netflix (October 2021) | Digital Trends
- The Best Thrillers on Netflix Right Now (October 2021) | Digital Trends
- Amazon Labor Day sale 2021: the best deals on appliances, tablets, wireless earphones and more
- Apple Airpods Black Friday 2021: Save 20% on Airpods Pro now
- Newcastle rule out four Steve Bruce replacements with sacking expected this week
- 2020 N.B.A. Free Agency Updates: Trades and Signings
- Netflix: The 41 best movies to see tonight
Best Prime Day Gaming Deals 2020: What to expect have 2170 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at August 13, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.