SUNDAY UPDATE: The international box office continued to show increasing signs of life this weekend, with fresh titles notably in such markets as China, Korea and France. Some of what’s working are films that demand the big screen experience, even if they are arriving late (or are making a re-appearance in certain areas), as well as fresh homegrown titles. Though still not thriving, per se, the reopening process is demonstrating there is hunger for the theatrical experience overseas. Korea for its part is keeping the momentum going, bowing crime drama Deliver Us From Evil to a fantastic $14.9M 5-day start, per Kobiz. It positively dominated the market which is robust in the wake of such new local titles as Peninsula and Steel Rain 2: Summit, reinforcing the strength of the Korean industry. Peninsula now has a $27M cume at home after four frames. The Train To Busan sequel opened in Canada via WellGo this session with 47 runs and a Friday-Saturday take of $83K; the weekend will likely land in the low $100K range as Anthony has noted. In IMAX, it added $22K from 24 screens there. Related Story ‘Ford v Ferrari’ Scribe Jason Keller To Make Feature Directorial Debut… Read full this story
- Housefull 4 crosses Rs 200 crore, makes Akshay Kumar biggest box office star of 2019
- Avengers: Endgame Opening Day International Box Office Smashes Records
- Will Terminator: Dark Fate Have Joker Saying Hasta La Vista at the Weekend Box Office?
- Doctor Sleep, Last Christmas & Midway Enter 3-Way Battle for the Box Office
- Will IT Chapter Two Scare Hustlers Away from the Top of the Box Office?
- Can Angry Birds 2 or Good Boys Take Down Hobbs & Shaw at the Box Office?
- Can Joker Laugh Off Gemini Man & The Addams Family at the Box Office?
- Can Rambo or Downton Abbey Steal Pennywise's Box Office Crown This Weekend?
- Will Fifty Shades Destroy John Wick and Batman at the Box Office?
- Will Get Out Scare LEGO Batman Away from the Box Office?
‘1917’ Leads China Weekend; Korea Has Yet Another Hit With ‘Deliver Us From Evil’ & ‘Greenland’ Makes Hay In France – International Box Office have 336 words, post on deadline.com at August 9, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.