The world’s oldest set of conjoined twins, Ronnie and Donnie Gaylon, 68, died on July 4, in their hometown of Dayton, Ohio. Ronnie and Donnie Galyon have been turning heads since they were born on October 28, 1951 to parents Eileen and Wesley Gaylon, who were not expecting twins, much less conjoined twins. They were born healthy, weighing 11 pounds, 11.5 ounces, but they spent the first two years of their life in the hospital as doctors struggled to figure out a way to safely separate them. When they were told there was no guarantee that both boys would survive the surgery, Wesley and Eileen refused to operate on their sons. For 68 years, the brothers lived face-to-face, fused from the sternum to the groin with one set of lower digestive organs. They were each born with separate hearts and stomachs and had their own set of arms and legs. Donnie (left) and Ronnie (right) were born in October 1951, they broke Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s oldest conjoined twins when they turned 63 in 2014. They died this past weekend, on July 4 at the age of 68 after spending the last ten years of their life suffering from various… Read full this story
- Want to live to past the age of 110? 'It's all genetics – and luck'
- Delhi rape: how India's other half lives
- Juan Romero, busboy who ran to Robert Kennedy’s aid, dies at 68
- A life in writing: Günter Grass
- Dying senior activist pushes for different funeral culture in South Korea
- She climbed Everest nine times and set a world record – so why doesn’t she have sponsors?
- ‘Who’s the Boss?’ actress Katherine Helmond dies at 89
- George H W Bush dies at age 94
- George HW Bush dies at age 94
- Here is the life and legacy of former President George H.W. Bush in photos
World's longest-surviving conjoined twins who worked in carnivals and circuses as a sideshow act from the age of three - and always insisted they 'lived a good life' - die at the age of 68 have 298 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 6, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.