This summer’s rise in coronavirus cases only reinforced what many in the industry already knew — “back to normal” isn’t going to happen this year. The pain is going to be longer than expected, as major tentpoles are further delayed at the box office, Broadway won’t reopen until next year, and live music concerts are all but canceled for the foreseeable future. This week, negotiations are starting in earnest on Capitol Hill over the next big COVID-19 relief package — and there is a long list of needs for sectors of the entertainment industry, from an extension of unemployment benefits for the workforce, to longer-term loans for movie theaters and live music venues, to liquidity for local broadcast stations. Related Story California Passes New York As State With Most Coronavirus Cases As Governor Newsom Reports Record Number Of New Infections Stephanie Freed, a lighting director, and Grant McDonald, a video director, both of New York, set up a website this summer, with instructions on how to press members of Congress to extend the unemployment benefits. One of their main talking points is that they, along with many others in the industry, are “are mostly middle class workers who are typically… Read full this story
- ADB considers emergency relief package to rebuild war-torn southern Philippine city
- 'I'm feeling very thankful for my lot in life': Samantha Armytage expresses her relief after making it safely out of the South Coast fire zone
- Gwyneth Paltrow embraces an androgynous look at Notting Hill Goop store ahead of London wellness summit... with a VIP package setting fans back a whopping £4,500
- Little Mix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock looks effortlessly cool as she sits on the back of a motocross bike
- BIG LITTLE LIVES: Looking for a feel-good movie all the family can enjoy? The latest version of Louisa May Alcott's Little Women will leave you with a New Year glow, writes BRIAN VINER
- Georgia Toffolo looks ladylike in white jacket and midi skirt alongside Kirsty Gallacher and Jodie Kidd as she leads the star-studded Royal Ascot 2019 arrivals
- Hayley Atwell looks elegant in a dramatic black gown as Naomi Scott wows in scarlet as they lead the glamour at the star-studded 65th Evening Standard Theatre Awards
- Robbie Williams and Ayda Field's VERY intimate look at their marriage: Singer SLEPT with his drug dealer the night they met, their fears over raising 'maladjusted brats' and why Louis Walsh is 'two-faced'
- Duncan Bannatyne's, 70, wife Nigora, 38, looks incredible in olive-coloured bikini as she shows off her impressive abs during romantic Barbados break
- Simon Cowell, 60, looks slimmer than ever after losing 20lbs on a strict vegan diet as he cosies up to glamorous partner Lauren Silverman at star-studded & Juliet musical event
What Showbiz Is Looking For In The Next Coronavirus Relief Package have 453 words, post on deadline.com at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.