The three-month coronavirus induced lockdown has proved fatal for several fiction TV shows, with Nazar and Beyhadh 2 facing the axe. Rajan Shahi’s four shows, Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai (YRKKH), its spin-off Yeh Rishtey Hain Pyaar Ke (YRHPK),
However, he also admits that taking care of the team during the lockdown, when shooting came to a complete halt, has escalated costs and taken a financial toll on producers. “It will take more than a year for us to get back on our feet with such huge standing costs and no income in the last four months. Under IFTPC (Indian Film and TV Producers Council) and Producer’s Guild, we have requested the Chief Minister (
He came into limelight recently after he ousted Ritvik Arora from his popular show, YRHPK, when the actor demanded an increase in his renumeration to return to the set. Rajan insists that they parted on a cordial note and he will always wish him well. “Things didn’t work out for us, on professional and ethical grounds, but Ritvik has a long way to go and I hope this experience is a pointer to him on how to conduct himself professionally,” he avers, admitting that he spent hours speaking with each actor before resuming shoots and there were some reservations, that were dealt with. “I have never objected when any of my actors felt they had outgrown my show. But sometimes, an actor begins to believe that he is the face of a particular TV drama and that realisation goes to their head,” he rues.
Avinash Mishra has been roped in as Ritvik’s replacement. “The creative team felt Avinash fits their vision of the character. He started shooting from Wednesday,” Rajan informs.
His latest show, Anupamaa, was supposed to start on March 16, but had to be pushed. The producer admits that it was a task ensuring its survival. “The soap was anyway a risk since it revolved around a middle-aged protagonist. Many were sceptical, but in my 27th year in the industry, I wanted to reinvent myself,” he informs, agreeing that after Sapna Babul Ka…Bidaai, his subsequent tele dramas were beginning to look similar in terms of story and character. “I needed to get back to my roots. Anupamaa is one of my most calculated moves and special because, in a first, I have co-produced it with my mother, Deepa Shahi. Also, I had directed leading lady
I have never objected when any of my actors felt they had outgrown my show. But sometimes, an actor begins to believe that he is the face of a particular TV drama and that realisation goes to their head
- The future of film: can cinema survive Covid-19?
- Industry Leaders Explain Guidelines For Restarting Film And TV Production In Los Angeles, Deliver Them To County Supervisors
- How Can Hollywood Get Back to Work? This Commercial Shoot May Have Answers
- Whatever happened to Freddie Prinze Jr, everyone’s teen crush?
- ‘Desus & Mero’: From Bodega Boys To Sunday Night Showtime Stars
- Sushant Singh Rajput passes away at 34, police find no suicide note at his Mumbai residence
- From the silent movie stars' legendary party dens to Jayne Mansfield's Pink Palace and lothario Rudolph Valentino's retreat: Inside the lavish homes of the rich and famous from the Golden Age of Hollywood lost to development and fire
- Late Director James Sheldon on James Dean and Affairs With Men
- Cristin Milioti, Forever
- Nipsey Hussle was more of a movement than a musician
- The (incomplete) list of powerful men accused of sexual harassment after Harvey Weinstein
- Coppola and Henson companies get loans for winery, puppetry
TV producer Rajan Shahi: I have requested the CM to waive off rent to Film City Studio have 734 words, post on ahmedabadmirror.indiatimes.com at July 31, 2020. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.