EXCLUSIVE: As the international box office slowly limps back to life, the tendency for audiences to lean into fresh and local titles continues. France, for example, saw a 23% increase in ticket sales across the Top 10 over the most recent weekend, led by Gaumont’s new local comedy Tout Simplement Noir and followed by Warner Bros’ Scoob!, also a new entry, which did $900K in the Hexagon – and $1.8M total in five markets. Scoob!, the feature animation from director Tony Cervone, opted to have a PVOD and digital ownership release instead of theatrical domestically. It began streaming on HBO Max in June, but is hitting cinemas in some overseas markets. The full weekend was $1.8M from France, Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Vietnam. The results are strong in light of the ongoing crisis. Spain opens today and there are about 20 more releases still to come. Related Story ‘Peninsula’ Sets 2020 Opening Day High In Korea; Fleshes Out $4M+ Overseas Through Thursday – International Box Office Looking back at France, in total across the Top 10 movies, there were 523K admissions for over $3M, widely leading the reopened offshore markets. France is one of the only majors where essentially all… Read full this story
- ‘Joker’ tops box office again, beats ‘Addams Family’
- Summer box office 2019: what are the major lessons of the season?
- 'Joker' tops box office again, beats 'Addams Family'
- Joker laughs maniacally all the way to a box-office record
- War becomes the top overseas grosser of 2019
- 2019 MARBELLA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL 2019
- VIETNAM NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 15
- The best pubs in Bristol according to the Good Pub Guide 2020
- Big Pharma’s worst nightmare
- The 100 best films of the 21st century
‘Scoob!’ Is Weekend Top Dog With $1.8M From 5 Overseas Markets; ‘Peninsula’ To Thrill Korea – International Box Office have 270 words, post on deadline.com at July 15, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.