There’s something odd about Normal People. It is, ostensibly, a show about two teenagers who fall in love, then navigate a very typical series of bust-ups and reconciliations. So far, so normal. And the show begins innocently enough. Set in Ireland, we see the popular and sporty Connell (Paul Mescal) get together with awkward school outcast Marianne (Daisy Edgar-Jones). But then comes this weird sorcery. As you watch the couple move from high school to college, somehow the story creeps up on you, tears out your heart, chucks it out the window, and runs it over with a bus. Based on Sally Rooney’s New York Times bestselling novel of the same name, Normal People elegantly and succinctly shows us how humans mess up our relationships, how we misunderstand each other; how our defenses—designed to protect us—in fact keep us from the very things we want most in life. The experience of watching it as an adult is to find oneself rethinking every missed chance and reviewing every past relationship. Related Story Daisy Edgar-Jones On Her Breakout Role In ‘Normal People’ – Next Generation TV Such is this Normal People effect that, Edgar-Jones reports, when I meet her in a corner of… Read full this story
- Normal People star Daisy Edgar-Jones enjoys a casual stroll with her Game of Thrones actor boyfriend Tom Varey
- 'I had to snog the air' Normal People star Daisy Edgar-Jones reveals VERY awkward audition demand for role on 'horniest show on TV'
- Normal People stars Daisy Edgar-Jones and Paul Mescal reveal their plans beyond the hit BBC drama as they admit they 'haven't heard anything' about a second series
- Normal People's Daisy Edgar-Jones' off-screen lover is Game of Thrones' Tom Varey
- Normal People's Paul Mescal jokes he felt '42' and 'just wanted to sleep' at the end of filming while Daisy Edgar-Jones admits they 'got tickled' by the 'stupidest things' on set
- Normal People’s Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones' chemistry gives James Corden 'chills'
- How BBC hit Normal People compares to Britain’s raunchiest TV shows – from steamy lesbian romps to a dwarf fetish
- 'My granny warned my great aunt!' Normal People's Paul Mescal reveals family embarrassment at THOSE sex scenes... as co-star Daisy Edgar-Jones marvels at their 'unbelievable' success
- Normal People stars Paul Mescal and Daisy Edgar-Jones before they were famous
- Normal People's Paul Mescal reveals embarrassing moment during sex scene with Daisy Edgar Jones
Paul Mescal, Daisy Edgar-Jones & Lenny Abrahamson On The Magic Of Smash Hit ‘Normal People’ & Season 2: “I Need Them To Be Together” have 397 words, post on deadline.com at July 1, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.