The Duke of Edinburgh today took part in a rare official public engagement as he transfered his role as Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles to the Duchess of Cornwall. But Philip, who retired in 2017, was nearly 100 miles apart from his daughter-in-law Camilla, as they both carried out ceremonies to mark the occasion. Amid extreme social distancing, Philip, 99, was at Windsor Castle in Berkshire, while the duchess was at Highgrove House in Gloucestershire. The ceremony at Windsor Castle began when four Buglers, of The Band and Bugles of The Rifles, sounded The Rifles Assembly to call upon the arrival of the Duke. Philip was then thanked for his 67 years of support for The Rifles, and their forming and antecedent regiments, by Assistant Colonel Commandant, Major General Tom Copinger-Symes. The Duke of Edinburgh waves today as he arrives for the transfer of the Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles at Windsor Castle Prince Philip smiles during the transfer of the Colonel-in-Chief of The Rifles at Windsor Castle this afternoon The Buglers then sounded The Rifles Regimental Call, followed by the ‘No More Parades’ call, to mark the Duke’s final ceremony as Colonel-in-Chief. Royal expert Phil Dampier, who wrote the 2012 book… Read full this story
- Prince Harry reveals he and Meghan Markle will only have TWO children to help save the planet (unlike William and Kate with three) - and says how 'unconscious bias' is causing racism in Britain in wife's Vogue
- British Vogue editor Edward Enninful hails Meghan Markle as a 'bi-racial powerhouse', and praises the 'hands-on' royal guest editor for working throughout her pregnancy and after giving birth
- Kate Middleton’s startling similarities with Rose Hanbury, the long-time pal she wants Prince William to ‘phase out’
- Prince Charles to walk Markle down aisle at royal wedding
- One Thousand Miles of Fall Rides
- 'Of all the women she did NOT choose the Queen!' Meghan faces backlash over 'trailblazers' Vogue cover she worked on during maternity leave as royal watchers warn her to keep out of politics
- GamesBeat managing editor Jason Wilson’s top 10 games of the year
- The 100 Best Heavy Metal Workout Songs of All Time
- Gita is a $3,250 personal cargo robot that follows you around
- Meghan Markle reveals SHE asked to guest edit Vogue after 'summoning up the courage' and hopes she's created a magazine of 'positivity, kindness, humour and inclusivity'
Now THAT'S social distancing! Prince Phillip attends first Royal engagement in over a year at Windsor Castle as he hands historic Colonel-in-Chief title to Camilla - who is 100 MILES away at Highgrove House have 381 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at July 22, 2020. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.